NBCU Deal Looks Good to FCC DOJ
- Big League Chew. Santo, Brian // CED;Feb2011, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p3
In this article the author reflects on the impact of the mergers of cable companies to the industry citing the deal between Comcast Corp. and NBC Universal Inc.
- Comcast's do-good push. Johnson, Ted // Daily Variety;1/12/2011, Vol. 310 Issue 8, p1
The article reports that Comcast will further boost local programming and will undertake a 15-million-per-year public service campaign on digital literacy and childhood nutrition as part of its proposed combination with NBC Universal.
- Orgs assail Comcast deal. HARRIS, PAUL // Daily Variety;8/20/2010, Vol. 308 Issue 34, p1
The article reports on the opposition of a host of industry organizations, consumer, and media watchdog groups to a merger deal between Comcast Corp. and NBC Universal Inc. in 2010.
- Comcast wins government approval to take over NBC. // Chicago Weekend;1/26/2011, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p9
The article reports on the approval of the U.S. government for Comcast Corp., the largest cable company in the U.S., to buy 51% of NBC Universal Inc.
- NBCU Deal Terms Comcastically Real, Two Years Later. Eggerton, John // Multichannel News;9/2/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 33, p32
The article discusses the deal between media firm NBCUniversal Inc. and Comcast Corp. approved by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission on January 18, 2011 and term were agreed by Comcast as per which Comast has to make its content available to online video distributors (OVDs).
- Feds mull marriage. Johnson, Ted // Daily Variety;12/13/2010, Vol. 309 Issue 49, p20
The article offers updates on the proposed merger between cable operator and home Internet and telephone service provider Comcast Corp. and media and entertainment company NBC Universal Inc. in the U.S.
- Comcast Q3: Lack Of Hit Film, TV Shows Hurt NBCU. REINHARDT KRAUSE // Investors Business Daily;10/22/2014, p00
A weak quarter at NBCUniversal could weigh on
- Comcast pitches FCC. Harris, Paul // Daily Variety;1/29/2010, Vol. 306 Issue 20, p4
The article reports on the lengthy process of the merger that Comcast Corp. and NBC Universal Inc. filed to the U.S. Federal Communications Commission.
- Comcast starts to sort it out. Bond, Paul // Hollywood Reporter Weekend Edition;12/18/2009, Vol. 412 Issue 36, p6
The article reports that two transition teams of NBC Universal Inc. will meet weekly starting next month, charged with guiding the creation of a revamped company jointly owned by Comcast Corp. and General Electric Co.