FCC Votes Unanimously on Pro-Transparency Changes
- Genachowski takes reins of FCC. JACKSON, DONNY // Urgent Communications;Aug2009, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p10
The article announces the appointment of several executives at the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) including Julius Genachowski as chairman, Republican Commissioner Robert McDowell, and Democratic Commissioner Michael Copps.
- On Speaking Freely. Eggerton, John // Broadcasting & Cable;10/25/2010, Vol. 140 Issue 40, p18
The article focuses on the perceptions of the top officials at the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) on the challenges of overseeing the most powerful communications media in the U.S. Michael Copps, a commissioner, cites that the use of the Internet is one method of attaining a freedom of...
- Left Using 'Diversity' as a Diversion to Acheive Fairness Doctrine Goal. Scarborough, Rowan // Human Events;3/16/2009, Vol. 65 Issue 10, p17
The article looks at the strategy by the administration of U.S. President Barack Obama to revive the fairness doctrine. It is noted that the administration seeks to subdue the power of conservative radio broadcasting as part of the strategy, which would allow minority ownership of radio...
- Obama's tech guy brings a new savvy to the FCC. Hart, Kim // Hill;9/9/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 99, p1
The article focuses on the upgrade plans of the new U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) chairman Julius Genachowski for the administrative agency's technology infrastructure.
- Obama friend heads for FCC. Littleton, Cynthia // Daily Variety;1/14/2009, Vol. 302 Issue 9, p1
The article reports that U.S. President-elect Barack Obama has nominated his campaign adviser Julius Genachowski as head of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC).
- At the center of the storm. C.M. // Broadcasting & Cable;02/03/97, Vol. 127 Issue 5, p94
Profiles Julius Genachowski, Chief Counsel to US Federal Communications Commission Chairman Reed Hundt. Personal history; Career background; Accomplishments; Educational background; Philosophy.
- Moving Toward Next-Gen 911. // Emergency Management;Sep/Oct2011, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p14
The article describes a five-point plan proposed by Julius Genachowski, chairman of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC), which aims to move the nation toward next-generation 911 (NG911).
- FCC chief pessimistic about spectrum votes in Congress. Jerome, Sara // Hill;1/13/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p13
The article reports that Julius Genachowski, Chairman of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), is in doubt about approval of Congress the spectrum auctions to open up additional communications airspace in the U.S.
- Genachowski warns fee 'cramming'on cell phone bills will be punished. Nagesh, Gautham // Hill;6/21/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 89, p18
The article reports that new rules have been planned to be proposed by U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) Chairman Julius Genachowski that would prevent mobile carriers to hit customers with "mystery fees" on their monthly bills.