Through the Wire
- Zucker to MSNBC Staff: 'Start Getting Your RÃ©sumÃ© Ready'. Guthrie, Marisa // Hollywood Reporter;6/19/2015, Vol. 421 Issue 20, p17
The article informs that the American basic cable and satellite television channel Cable News Network (CNN) has reported 11 percent increase in total viewers and 7 percent among the demo in primetime in the first quarter of 2015. Topics discussed include decreased ratings for MSNBC, American...
- Cablevision Ups Ante For VOD Advertisers. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;6/15/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 24, p32
The article focuses on the plan of the Cablevision Systems Corp. to offer same-day video-on-demand (VOD) insertion and telescoping opportunities to its entire service area in the U.S. in 2009. The move aims to position itself in the market, as well as to enable advertisers to avail its existing...
- Multichannel News Index (MNI). // Multichannel News;9/22/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 35, p25
The article presents miscellaneous topics. The topics discussed include a list of U.S. cable industry firms including Cablevision, Charter and Comcast , that are listed on Multichannel News Index, a chart depicting trends related to television network Starz's stock performance. Also discussed...
- people. // Multichannel News;2/17/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p17
The article announces several personal changes at the U.S. cable television industry as of February 17, 2014 including appointment of Morgan Selzer at Country Music Television, Brianna Keilar at Cable News Network and Mark Kornblau at NBCUniversal News Group.
- Anything for a Sale. DeHaan, Peter L. // American Salesman;Sep2014, Vol. 59 Issue 9, p27
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experiences of dealing with a cable television (TV) network provider in the U.S., which failed to provide what it promised to them as of September 2014.
- Cable television: An American success story. Atford, Harry C. // Michigan Citizen;12/2/2012, Vol. 35 Issue 4, pA7
The article offers information on the progress and success of the cable television industry in the U.S.
- Harbinger's Cablevision Sell-Off Goes On. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;2/23/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 8, p26
The article repots on the decision of Harbinger Capital, a hedge fund company to diminish its stock by 5% in the cable operator based in Bethpage, New York. The reported reduction is down from the 7.5% interest the company held in Cablevision in January 2009. The announcement made by Cablevision...
- The Care and Feeding of Upstream Channel Bonding. Ellis, Leslie // Multichannel News;3/7/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p22
The article talks about upstream cable spectrum and downstream cable spectrum in the U.S.
- 'LINEAR TV IS DEAD,' AND OTHER CABLE WORRIES. Ellis, Leslie // Multichannel News;7/12/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 27, p19
The article presents the author's views concerning linear television in the U.S.