Comcast Digs Into Online Backup
- Surviving a computer crash. // PS: Preventive Maintenance Monthly;Jul96, Issue 524, p41
Focuses on the necessity of using backup tapes in case of the computer crashes. Type of tape; Format.
- Hurricane season is here: Be sure you have backups. // National Public Accountant;
Offers tips on computer data backups. Includes protection against physical equipment damage; Backup systems; Backup site.
- Back-up is cheap compared to the alternative. Hemmers, Oliver // Las Vegas Business Press;7/14/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 28, p15
Provides advice in creating back-up for critical computer data. Importance of cost; Comparison between hardware and software solution; Advantages of a real-time back-up technology.
- Data systems backup crucial and affordable. Lee, Mie-Yun // Crain's Cleveland Business;12/09/96, Vol. 17 Issue 50, p20
Reports that crucial data systems backup can be affordable. Use of tape drives for data backup; Alternatives to cartridge-based storage systems; Need to take all backed-up data off-site; `Grandfather, father, son' approach recommended by backup manufacturers.
- Backup, straight ahead. Pogue, David // Macworld;Apr94, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p175
Features computer software for making backup files in a Macintosh computer. Apple Backup 1.1 from Apple Computer Inc.; DiskFit Direct 1.0 from Dantz Development Corporation; DiskFit Pro 1.1A from Dantz; FastBack Plus 3.0.1 from Symantec Corporation; More. INSET: Alternative backup lifestyles..
- `Before the crash': Getting proactive on system backup. Rodda, Kelli // Business Press;02/07/97, Vol. 9 Issue 41, p6
Focuses on the need for businesses to implement a viable computer backup system. Protection against computer crashes, fire, flood or theft; Selection of the medium; Off-site storage.
- Backups on the fly. MEADE, PETER // America's Network;03/01/97, Vol. 101 Issue 5, p50
Describes the technology that demonstrates database backup and restoration without taking the database off-line. Hardware and software requirements; Details of the backup process; Bandwidth issues; Administrative costs.
- Using the Internet as a backup medium. Van Name, Mark L.; Catchings, Bill // PC Week;11/25/96, Vol. 13 Issue 47, pN8
Discusses companies which offer computer backup services on the Internet. Connected Corp.'s DataSafe and McAfee Associates' Personal Vault for off-site backup accessed via the Net; Similarity to traditional backup methods; Details on DataSafe; Possible problems with Internet backup; Price;...
- Backup grows up. Blumenthal, Holly; Sercan, Ayse // InfoWorld;9/16/96, Vol. 18 Issue 38, p1
Compares several backup software for computer operaing systems. Backup Exec for Windows NT 6.11 Single Server Edition and Backup Exec for NetWare 7.11 Enterprise Edition from Seagate Software; Arcserve for Windows NT 6.0 from Cheyenne Software Inc..