THE NEW FLORILEGIA: GLAZIER'S MESSAGE OF THE FATHERS
- Communications. Maguire, J. W. R.; Heithaus, Claude H.; Burke, John W.; Pracher, John; Atherby, George J.; Belford, John L.; Binkerd, Orville L. // America;1/16/1926, Vol. 34 Issue 14, p337
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including "A Catholic Foundation Unmasked," in the December 19, 1925 issue, another one about a Catholic daily paper in the October 24, 1925 issue and "Coddling Catholic Literature."
- Catholic books: "loss leaders"? Wiliging, Eugene P. // America;9/20/1952, Vol. 87 Issue 25, p592
The article discusses the loss of interest among Americans in selling Catholic books and the failure of educational institutions to carry a book-reading habit after their graduation. The author relates that one reason for this is that publishers prefer direct-mail campaigns as well as the lack...
- WAUGH'S AWRY CRITICS. Gardiner, Harold C. // America;1/12/1946, Vol. 74 Issue 15, p409
A literary criticism of the book "Brideshead Revisited," by Evelyn Arthur Saint John Waugh is presented. It outlines how the author values the work, while critics disregard it. It also examines the bold imagery of the "Hound of Heaven," wherein God's persistent love that follows the sinner and...
- Narrative contexts, doctrinal reform. Hinze, Bradford E. // Theological Studies;Sep90, Vol. 51 Issue 3, p417
Examines the concept of doctrinal development in theology. History of the concept of doctrinal development; Factors contributing to the devaluation of the development model; Significance of the factors for an adequate contemporary understanding of doctrinal change.
- The nature of doctrine and scientific progress. Rigby, Paul; Van Den Hengel, John // Theological Studies;Dec91, Vol. 52 Issue 4, p669
Focuses on the debate over the nature of doctrine and scientific progress. Post-Kuhnian advances in the philosophy of science; Thesis on incommensurate ecclesial paradigms.
- Evangelical megashift. Browning, R.; Carson, D.A. // Christianity Today;2/19/90, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p12
Defines and evaluates a new pattern of Christian theology that has caused conflict in evangelical circles. Trend away from an emphasis on sin and judgment, toward love and warmth; Key terms that have changed focus in new-model theology; Response of five noted evangelical scholars who offer a...
- Nikolai Fedorovich Fedorov. Bykova, Marina F. // Russian Studies in Philosophy;Fall2008, Vol. 47 Issue 2, p3
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including an excerpts from the Diary by Sergei Bartenev, one by Valentin Nikitin on the relation between Nikolai Fedorovich Fedorov's doctrine and main confessions of Christianity, notably Orthodoxy, Catholicism, and...
- OF MANY THINGS. Christiansen, Drew // America;4/13/2009, Vol. 200 Issue 12, p2
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by Timothy Radcliffe on the factors that prevent church flourishing, one by Elizabeth Johnson on Christology and another by Helen Prejean on her personal vocation as an activist against death penalty and for...
- Notes for Contributors. // Black Theology: An International Journal;Jul2006, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p249
This article presents instructions to contributors of "Black Theology: An International Journal."