- Survey: Latest health-care hike biggest in 12 years. // Business Journal (Central New York);1/31/2003, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p24
Focuses on the results of the Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation's 2002 Annual Employer Health Benefits Survey. Increase of healthcare premiums; Growth of the monthly premiums for employer-sponsored health insurance; Determination of the cost of annual premiums.
- Charitable FSAs: A Proposal to Combine Healthcare and Charitable Giving Tax Provisions. Chodorow, Adam // Brigham Young University Law Review;2011, Vol. 2011 Issue 4, p1041
This Article considers two unrelated tax provisions--health care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) and the charitable deduction. FSAs permit eligible taxpayers to set income aside tax-free to use for medical expenses. However, these accounts have a "use-it-or-lose-it" feature that discourages...
- Employers honored for adoption benefits. Gresham, Lynn // Employee Benefit News;May2007, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p1
The article offers information on the 100 Best Adoption-Friendly Workplaces, an annual ranking developed by the Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption based on the financial assistance and paid leave offered by employer under their adoption benefits policy in the U.S. It traces the history of...
- PROPOSED SENATE BILL ATTACKS CHARITABLE FOUNDATION PERKS. // NCADD Washington Report;May2003, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p1
U.S.-based charitable foundations, required to give away five percent of their assets each year, can count some administrative expenses toward this total.U.S. Senate has proposed a bill that would end the practice of giving perks and require private foundations to count all salaries, travel and...
- Nationwide adds carbon offsetting perk to flex plan. Woods, David // Employee Benefits;Sep2007, p7
The article focuses on the nationwide launching of carbon offsetting scheme that will enable employees to pay part of their flex allowance monthly to an environmental charity in Great Britain. It enables employees to calculate their carbon footprint online and to choose how much flex allowance...
- SIHF reaches out to parents, kids. // AHA News;02/01/99, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p6
Features the health services offered by the Southern Illinois Healthcare Foundation (SIHF) which garnered a Foster McGraw Hill Award. Free medical and transportation services of the foundation.
- Donate to MASS-CARE. // Massachusetts Nurse;Apr2003, Vol. 74 Issue 3, p2
Presents an invitation to make tax-deductible donations to Massachusetts Campaign for Single Payer Health Care in Massachusetts.
- Is the doctor in? // San Diego Business Journal;04/26/99, Vol. 20 Issue 17, p46
Editorial. Focuses on the possibility of affiliation between practitioners from Scripps Clinic and Sharp Community Medical Group in San Diego, California. Benefits to the planned affiliation; Elimination of the middleman.
- A Different Kind of Health Insurance. Larson, Jeannie // New Mexico Business Journal;Feb2003, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p10
Features The Con Alma Health Foundation in New Mexico. Background on the foundation; Goals of the foundation.