Laitala: a modern approach
- Can we talk in Gen X, Y language? Sloan, Carole // Furniture/Today;08/21/2000, Vol. 24 Issue 49, p37
Discusses how furniture retailers can enhance their appeal to the so-called Generation X and Generation Y consumers. Development of edgier, more fanciful, and home-inspired advertisements; Lessons in marketing that can be gleaned from the success of Sephora, a popular cosmetic/fragrance chain.
- U.S., Canada ramping up efforts in Mexican market. Slaughter, Powell // Furniture/Today;2/25/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 25, p37
Focuses on the establishment of U.S. and Canadian furniture market in Mexico. Introduction of Broyhill furniture collections; Inauguration of Regency House distribution facility in Hermosillo; Exhibition of Canadian furniture in the international pavilion.
- Package deals. Shalan, Judy // Cabinet Maker;03/26/99, Issue 5131, p12
Provides an overview of the flatpack furniture market in Great Britain. Retailers known in the sector; Areas driving the home market; Key trends; Suppliers; Factors affecting the market; Items selling well; Occasional sales for the segment. INSETS: Tips for 1999;Trends.
- Untitled. // Cabinet Maker;11/10/2000, Issue 5213, p2
Presents news concerning the furniture industry in Great Britain as of November 10, 2000.
- THE BRIEF: Bank Holiday bounce. // Cabinet Maker;9/3/2010, Issue 5703, p13
The article reports on the weekly brief of issues affecting the furniture industry, specifically the Bank Holiday in Great Britain in 2010.
- Store promotions: Start thinking out of the box. Allegrezza, Ray // Furniture/Today;02/12/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 23, p56
Comments on the promotions launched by furniture stores. Innovation in Jordan's commercials that suggest that furniture shopping is fun; Examples of store promotions that have proven effective for retailers like Ethan Allen Inc.
- Havertys sales fall, but margins better. // Furniture/Today;9/10/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p4
Reports on the sales performance of Havertys Furniture in Atlanta, Georgia. Decrease of the total delivered sales; Comment of Havertys President Jay Slater on the performance results.
- Bestar eyes traditional furniture stores. // Furniture/Today;10/29/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p30
Reports the launch of ready-to-assemble (RTA) furniture from Bestar in the United States. Description of contemporary and traditional styles of RTA furniture; Development of point-of-sale signage of furniture.
- Best of Market. // Furniture/Today;10/29/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p39
Features furniture for sale in the United States. Trevor ottoman chair from Drexel Heritage Furniture Corp.; Fireside chairs from William Alan; Texas Reunion table by Richardson Bros. Co.