Fatal cholestatic jaundice in elderly patients taking benoxaprofen
- Benoxaprofen: side-effect profile in 300 patients. Halsey, J.P. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);5/8/82, Vol. 284 Issue 6326, p1365
Presents a study on benoxaprofen (propionic acid) and its side-effects in 300 profiled patients in Great Britain. Statistics from the study; Occurrence of side-effects according to disease; Citation of benoxaprofen as a potent photoxic drug.
- Side effects of benoxaprofen. Hindson, Colin; Daymond, Terence; Diffey, Brian; Lawlor, Frances // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);5/8/82, Vol. 284 Issue 6326, p1368
Evaluates the side effects of benoxaprofen (Opren, Dista). Pathophysiology of Benoxaprofen; Citation of photosensitivity in several patients; Enumeration of other cutaneous side effects.
- Aplastic anaemia associated with fenoprofen. Ashraf, M.; Pearson, R.M.; Winfield, D.A. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);5/1/1982, Vol. 284 Issue 6325, p1301
Examines the association of aplastic anaemia with propionic acid derivative fenoprofen. Occurrence of hematological side effects; Development into fatal complication; Diagnosis of blood dyscrasia.
- Shell debuts propionates. Walsh, Kerri // Chemical Week;9/10/1997, Vol. 159 Issue 34, p8
Reports on the production of methyl and butyl propionate based on propionic acid by Shell which will expand its line of oxygenated solvents. Construction of a pilot plant for the production; Industrial applications of butyl propionate; Contract signing of Shell for butyl acetate production.
- Erratum to: Production of 3-nitropropionic acid by endophytic fungus Phomopsis longicolla isolated from Trichilia elegans A. JUSS ssp. elegans and evaluation of biological activity. Flores, Andressa; Pamphile, João; Sarragiotto, Maria; Clemente, Edmar // World Journal of Microbiology & Biotechnology;Apr2014, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p1431
A correction to the article "Production of 3-Nitropropionic Acid by Endophytic fungus Phomopsis longicolla Isolated From Trichilia elegans A. JUSS ssp. elegans and Evaluation of Biological Activity" that was published online in the January 14, 2014 issue is presented.
- Ambiguous jaundice. O'Brien, Mary; Ansara, Maha // Patient Care;5/15/1998, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p214
Presents a case study on a 62-year-old male who was diagnosed with ambiguous jaundice. Background information on the patient's medical history; Views as to what caused the patient's jaundice and liver function abnormalities; Comments on the treatment that should be administered.
- Liver biopsy in "difficult" jaundice. Lance, P.; Bevan, P.G.; Hoult, J.G.; Paton, A. // British Medical Journal;7/23/1977, Vol. 2 Issue 6081, p236
Examines the accuracy and complications of biopsy in patients with jaundice. Difficulty of differentiating extrahepatic from intrahepatic cholestasis; Complications brought by biopsy on patient with jaundice; Recommendation of percutaneous biopsy as a valuable aid in patients with jaundice.
- Physico-mechanical and dissolution behaviours of ibuprofen crystals crystallized in the presence of various additives. A., Nokhodchi; O., Amire; M., Jelvehgari // DARU;Spring2010, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p74
Background and the purpose of the study: The success of any direct-tableting procedure is strongly affected by the quality of the crystals used in the process. Ibuprofen is a poorly compactible drug with a high tendency for capping. In order to use ibuprofen in direct compression formulations,...
- Effects of calcination temperature on the drug delivery behaviour of Ibuprofen from hydroxyapatite powders. Melville, Amanda J.; Rodríguez-Lorenzo, Luis M.; Forsythe, John S. // Journal of Materials Science: Materials in Medicine;Mar2008, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p1187
The effects of heat treatment time and temperature on the delivery behaviour of Ibuprofen from hydroxyapatite particles were investigated in this study. The drug release was seen to follow Fickian diffusion for the initial period of release for all heat treatment conditions. The gradient of...