- The false alarm. Laabs, Jennifer J. // Personnel Journal;Sep92, Vol. 71 Issue 9, p111
Describes how a human resources manager was called back to the office on a cold Vermont night when a late-night working employee mistakenly set of the security alarm.
- Blue bonce rising to prominence. // Personnel Today;11/27/2007, p60
A joke is presented about the sizeable dent of human resource (HR) professions in the blogosphere.
- A Radiant Personality? Copeland, Bernis // Saturday Evening Post;Sep1981, Vol. 253 Issue 6, p84
The article presents a joke about the feeling of a boss of a company towards his employees.
- Guru's laughter file off to a slow start. // Personnel Today;6/26/2007, p56
The article presents several jokes about human resources managers and directors.
- SCAM Second Coming Asset Management. // Fund Strategy;7/13/2009, p31
A joke is presented about a chairman trying to help the troubled employees in recovering from their gloom through his stories of flashing knives in a turf war.
- WHITE'S Wagging Tongue. White, Cynthia // Munday Courier (TX);9/12/2007, Vol. 34 Issue 41, p4
Several jokes are presented on issues involving religion and personnel management.
- Gallows humor. // Across the Board;May96, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p11
Humors the issue raised by communications experts concerning the merits of too much communication in personnel management. Communication in the context of a merger or a downsizing plan; Concerns raised by employees as a result of the misunderstanding; Humorous responses on questions raised by...
- Ve haff vays of mekking you larf. // Personnel Today;8/23/2005, p48
This article presents information about the role of "minister of fun" in an organization. The main purpose of this role is to create and maintain a humourous environment within an organisation where people will see it not as work but a place of fun and joy where they will enjoy turning up for...
- Mastering Management. // DVM: The Newsmagazine of Veterinary Medicine;Aug2007, Vol. 38 Issue 8, p50
The author recommends tips that could help veterinary medicine practitioner organize a less stressful staff meeting. He provides the use of two simple aids in order to inject a bit of humor. He first suggests the use of nerf balls in different colors, in which they will be thrown at one employee...