- UK unemployment falls by 45,000. Salih, Chris // Mortgage Strategy (Online Edition);5/16/2012, p4
The article discusses statistics from the Office for National Statistics (ONS) which reveals that British unemployment dropped by 45,000 in the three months to March 2012 to stand at 2.63 million.
- Unemployment at its 'highest in 16 years'. // Cabinet Maker;4/30/2010, Issue 5685, p5
The article reports on the increasing rate of unemployment in Great Britain with a number of 2.5 million unemployed people that is considered as the highest since 1996, according to the Office of National Statistics (NSO).
- UK unemployment falls to 2.51 million. Salih, Chris // Fundweb;11/14/2012, p14
The article reports on the decrease of the number of the unemployed to 2.51 million in Great Britain as of September 2012.
- U.K. jobless claims plunge. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;10/17/2013, pA02
Applications for jobless benefits fell by 41,700 in Sept., the most in 16 years, gov't data showed. The jobless rate for the 3 months through Aug. held steady at 7.7%. Bank of England Gov. Mark Carney has promised not to raise interest rates until the unemployment rate falls to 7%.
- U.K. jobless rate at '06 lows. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;1/21/2016, pA02
The article reports that the unemployment rate in Great Britain has declined to 5.1% in 2016.
- U.K. joblessness tumbles. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;1/23/2014, pA02
The unemployment rate declined to 7.1% in Dec. from 7.4% in Nov., though jobless claims fell by 24,000, less than expected. The jobless rate is now just one tick above the central bank's rate hike target, though minutes of an early Jan. meeting released Wed. confirmed that policymakers were...
- Week in NUMBERS. // Mortgage Strategy;6/6/2011, p30
Statistics are presented on the percentage of workers in Great Britain who have commuted half an hour or less, the average of house price that increases in the seaside towns in the country in the past ten years, and the unemployment rate in the European Union (EU).
- UK unemployment falls to 7.7 per cent. Dale, Samuel // Fundweb;9/11/2013, p6
The article reports on the decline in the unemployment rate in Great Britain. It notes that the number of unemployed in the nation has fallen below 2.5 million to 7.7 per cent in the three months to July 2013. It adds that the total pay has also increased by 1.1 per cent compared with May to...
- Unemployment falls to 7.7 per cent. Dale, Samuel // Mortgage Strategy (Online Edition);9/11/2013, p3
The article reports on the decrease in the number of people unemployed in Great Britain in the three months to July 2013, according to data from the Office for National Statistics.