Morrisons to offer 20,000 places for new apprentices
- Morrisons plan to train all staff on checkouts divides opinion. // Grocer;1/11/2014, Vol. 237 Issue 8137, p9
The article reports on Morrisons Supermarkets PLC' plan to train all staff to be able to work on its checkouts to better respond to customers' needs.
- Ministers okay trailblazing scheme. // Meat Trades Journal;8/29/2014, p1
The article reports on the approval by ministers in Great Britain of the apprenticeship developed by the Butchery Trailblazer Employer Group, which comprise of companies including Morrison Supermarkets PLC, Aubrey Allen Ltd., and Bernard Matthews Ltd., for the food and drink industry.
- Morrisons gets set to rival sandwich chains. Leek, Martyn // British Baker;11/13/2015, p9
The article reports on a decline posted by supermarket chain Morrisons Supermarkets PLC in like-for-like sales (LFLs) in the 13 weeks to November 1, 2015. The supermarket chain said its third-quarter total sales were also down by 2% excluding fuel. The company plans to train around 1,000...
- Supermarkets manage to pull in the apprentices. // British Baker;3/27/2009, Vol. 1 Issue 5, p8
The article reports on the apprenticeship scheme of supermarket chains which aims to attract young bakers. It cites that multiple retailers are sourcing for potential would-be bakers from in-store and outside. It notes that Sainsbury's Supermarkets Ltd. has recruited 200 apprentices in 2009...
- 'We like developing people who've got the business under their fingernails.'. Smedley, Tim // People Management;1/15/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p22
An interview with Norman Pickavance, human resource director at Morrisons, is presented. He talks about the business success of the retailer. He explains his personnel management for the company. He also describes the values as the core building block of Morrisons' human resource strategy. He...
- Morrisons saves Â£3.4m by getting staff to go 'green'. // Personnel Today;5/20/2008, p2
The article reports that supermarket chain Morrisons has trained more than 110,000 staff in energy awareness as part of a drive to drastically reduce its carbon footprint. The training program has resulted in a 5% reduction in energy use across the group, equating to savings of just under Â£3.4m.
- Developing competitive advantage through customer service. // Times 100 Case Studies;2014, p1
The article presents a case study of the customer service of food retail company Wm Morrisons Supermarkets PLC. The key components of the company's customer service are discussed, including information, after-sales service, and convenience. Also provided is information regarding the contribution...
- Small victory against Morrisons. // Convenience Store;10/26/2012, p10
The article reports that giant supermarket chain Morrisons has withdrawn its request to build a petrol station with forecourt store located near its 500,000 square-feet superstore in Houghton Regis in Bedfordshire, England, due to widespread protests from local retailers.
- Morrisons Plans Online Service. // MMR;4/15/2013, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p26
The article reports that Wm Morrison Supermarkets PLC, a food retailer located in Bradford, England plans to launch an online operation service in Great Britain.