Transferable paternity plans unveiled for 2011
- New Jersey enacts family leave law. // Corporate Board;Nov/Dec90, Vol. 11 Issue 65, p29
Focuses on the Family Leave Act of New Jersey which was enacted into law on May 4, 1990. Requirement for private employers in the state to grant unpaid leave to parents of newborn or adopted children, or employees needing time off to care for a seriously ill parent, child or spouse.
- Location determines family leave act. // National Petroleum News;Sep93, Vol. 85 Issue 10, p24
Presents a formula for marketers to circumvent the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) via strategic use of location. Application of law; Illustration of how location determines the impact of FMLA; Adverse implication of FMLA.
- Veto of parental leave bill may hurt families. Dervarics, C. // Single Parent;Sep/Oct90, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p11
Discusses President George Bush's veto of parental leave legislation. Pros and cons of the legislation; Popular support of the bill.
- Ten years old, the FMLA still poses complications. Smith, Shawn // Fairfield County Business Journal;7/7/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 27, p4
Focuses on the complications of the United States Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA). Key provisions of the regulation; Challenges in relation to the administration and interpretation of the FMLA.
- Proposals to extend family-leave law converge on Capitol Hill. Laabs, Jennifer J. // Personnel Journal;Aug96, Vol. 75 Issue 8, p11
Reports on US President Bill Clinton's proposed legislation that would require employers to give workers time off to deal with family matters by letting them take compensatory time off instead of overtime pay. Effort to help families whose work schedules conflict with ordinary family-care...
- Swap shop. Welch, Matthew // Commercial Motor;3/24/2011, Vol. 214 Issue 5425, p26
A summary is presented of the Additional Paternity Leave (APL) Regulations 2010 to be implemented in Great Britain for babies born on or after April 3, 2011.
- Two leave measures for employees who have domestic partners. Laabs, Jennifer J. // Personnel Journal;Feb93, Vol. 72 Issue 2, p108
Reports that a new law requires Sacramento, Calif., employers that offer unpaid leave to married employees for medical or family reasons to offer the same leave to their unmarried workers who have domestic partners. Details on leave measures recently signed by Massachusetts Governor William Weld.
- Database. // U.S. News & World Report;9/21/92, Vol. 113 Issue 11, p14
Presents statistics on family leave in the United States. The amount family law opponents say the bill would cost business in first year; The number of jobs opponents say the bill would cut; Percentage of the 188 `Fortune' 500 companies that offer family leave to mothers and fathers; The...
- Swamped employers ignore family leave law. // Association Management;Jun94, Vol. 46 Issue 6, p25
Reports on the decreased compliance of employers with the Family Leave Act. Reasons for poor compliance; Coverage of the law; Implications for employers.
- Paternity leave in Norway--use it or lose it. McShulskis, Elaine // HR Magazine;Jan1996, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p24
Reports on paternity leave in Norway. Percentage of use; Norway's law on maternity leave; Related Statistics.