- The Impact on Elders of Developments in South Africa Viewed in an African Context: Bridging the Divide Between North and South. Kollapen, Jody // Global Ageing: Issues & Action;2008, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p07
The article focuses on human rights developments and their impacts on older people in South Africa. It mentions the challenges faced by the South African Human Rights Commission due to the changes in human rights policy. It notes the legislation of the Promotion of Equality and the Prevention of...
- MANDATORY RETIREMENT: DIMINISHING THE GOALS OF THE AGE DISCRIMINATION IN EMPLOYMENT ACT. Painter, Chelsea K. // University of Louisville Law Review;Winter2014, Vol. 52 Issue 2, p405
The article offers information on issues of mandatory retirement based on age under the provisions of the Equal Protection Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment and the Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA) of 1967 of the U.S. It discusses the historical decision of the U.S. Supreme Court in...
- Big firms unite to put an end to ageist practices. Arkin, Anat // People Management;9/7/1995, Vol. 1 Issue 18, p12
Deals with the joining forces of major employers with the charity Age Concern England to combat age discrimination in Great Britain. Aim and benefits of the employer's forum; Measures against age discrimination by various companies.
- It's time to pool resources from all your staff. Kenny, Gail // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;5/26/2003, Issue 2565, p22
Reports on the proposed bill against age discrimination in employment in Great Britain. Benefits of having a diverse workforce; Punishment for violations.
- Think twice before letting go of that older partner. P.D. // Practical Accountant;Feb97, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p8
Cautions accounting firms from making rush decisions on discriminating against employees and partners based on age. Account of Ernst & Young Inc.'s loss of an appeal before the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals in 1994 to P. Larue Simpson, a partner who had been asked to leave at the age of 46.
- Unlawful choice. Lissy, William E. // Supervision;Jun95, Vol. 56 Issue 6, p21
Discusses the `Smith vs. World Insurance Co.' case concerning a manager's lawsuit against the company under the Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA). Allegation on company's attempt to get rid of older employees; Judgment in favor of plaintiff.
- The merits of maturity. // Management Today;Oct95, p16
Focuses on efforts to eliminate age discrimination in employment in Great Britain. Labour Party's support for the banning of age discrimination in the workplace; Practice of establishing age ranges in help-wanted advertisements; Policies in the United States and other European countries which...
- HANDWRITING ON THE WALL: AGE DISCRIMINATION IN RETIREMENT. Burns, John E. // Industrial Management;Nov76, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p1
Focuses on the age discrimination in retirement in the U.S. Treatment of the Congress on the pension plans; Decision of the Federal Court of Appeals; Irrelevance of the employee options of not joining the plan.
- $1.2 million age-bias award is affirmed. Barlow, Wayne E.; Hatch, D. Diane // Personnel Journal;Oct96, Vol. 75 Issue 10, p102
Presents an analysis of the case Ryther versus KARE 11, a court case about age-bias in employment. Facts of the case; Question on the role of market researches on the termination of employees; Implications to personnel management.