- â€¦in brief. // Personnel Today;3/11/2003, p3
Presents several developments related to personnel management in Great Britain as of March 11, 2003. Rejection of pay offer by the Fire Brigades' Union; Decision of train crews for strike action to defend the role of operational safety guards; Suspension of industrial action plan by the...
- Local government strike imminent. // Personnel Today;7/9/2002, p2
Examines the actions made by the local government human resources body of Socpo on the votation of strike actions over the annual pay rise dispute. Increase of the minimum wage in the sector; Availability of the resources of the company.
- Defensive strike management. // Management Review;Jul83, Vol. 72 Issue 7, p6
Reports on the importance for top management to develop a defensive strategy in response to a strike and the formation of a strike management team. Need for data on the demographics of potential strikers; Delegation of responsibilities to each team; Typical titles and duties of a strike...
- Managing strikes, minimizing loss. Sunoo, Brenda Paik // Personnel Journal;Jan95, Vol. 74 Issue 1, p50
Discusses how to manage labor strikes as part of human resource management. Preparing in advance for a possible strike; Importance of preparation in minimizing a labor crisis; Daily communication with employees; Need for human resource managers to be resilient during a strike. INSET: Make...
- EMPLOYEE RELATIONS. // People Management;8/7/1997, Vol. 3 Issue 16, p10
Presents news briefs on employee relations in Great Britain as of August 1997. Information on 'So How Did We Do?,' an annual report from the British Post Office; Formation of the advertising advisory group composed of trade union members; Decision of the staff of Barclays Bank not to continue...
- BA pays the price for its air of indifference. Hutton, Will // Personnel Today;8/5/2003, p13
The unofficial walkout of British Airways PLC (BA) ground service staff at Heathrow, England with all its attendant damage was a salutary warning to the airline industry and everybody beyond. Had BA management had the slightest hint that the enforced introduction of swipe cards would lead to...
- Perform Strikes. A Case Study. Malo, Enrico Mora // Qualitative Sociology Review;Apr2009, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p28
In this paper we show the results of an analysis of the production of individual class subjectivities in the context of strikes among both those in favour and those against. Among the several processes going on in the production of subjectivities of class, we consider strikes because we want to...
- Benefits Planning: It Pays to Fight Cavities. // Workforce (10928332);Jul2002, Vol. 81 Issue 7, p70
Answers several questions on personnel management. Information on health benefit plans of employees; Impact of employee strikes on the productivity and quality of service of a company; Suggestions on improving employee performance.
- Two-day Strike At Hyundai's India Plant Ends. // India -- West;6/18/2010, Vol. 35 Issue 30, pB12
The article reports that a two day strike of employees at Hyundai Motor has ended on June 9, 2010, after the company agreed to consider hiring again several workers being terminated due to violent protests.