CIPD: firms get the HR they deserve
- Academic recognition. // People Management;9/2/2010, p36
The article presents information on an academic membership route that was launched by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) in Great Britain in July 2010, which aims to recognize the contributions of academics and researchers in the field of human resource (HR).
- Spend, spend, spend. Cannell, Mike // People Management;9/13/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 18, p65
Provides an overview of the upcoming research on training trends in Great Britain by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development. Key points included in the research; Details of an interview by members of the institute.
- Research into talent goes global. // People Management;9/16/2010, p38
This article reports on the plan of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) to conduct a diversity and talent management study in countries in central and Eastern Europe and Asia.
- Perfect balance between knowing and doing. // People Management;5/21/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p45
The article discusses the formation in Romania of the first international Practice Exchange Group (PEG) of the Shaping the Future research program of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD). The PEG are composed of groups of HR practitioners, as well as business leaders and...
- Adopting a braver approach to your job. Clake, Rebecca // People Management;11/25/2010, p36
The author presents information on courage as an essential behavior of human resource (HR) professionals in Great Britain in 2010. Issues on HR professionals' courage to challenge may be addressed by a Next Generation HR research being conducted by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and...
- Business savvy, sustainability and trust... // People Management;Apr2012, p54
The article discusses research by Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) on the nature of trust, the business savvy of human resource professionals, and sustainability.
- Coaching sees the sunny side. // Coaching at Work;Nov/Dec2009, Vol. 4 Issue 6, p7
The article reports that despite the onset of the global economic crisis, the profession of coaching is surviving. According to the British Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) research, 70% of organizations are investing in coaching and the findings of three professional...
- THE ROLE OF REWARD. // People Management;8/11/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 16, p53
The article reports that the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) Reward Forum is holding a half-day networking event in Dunblane, Scotland on September 28, 2005. The event will give members a chance to discuss the role of reward and recognition in customer service. As well as...
- Online CPD courses now available. // Operations Management (1755-1501);2011, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p45
The article focuses on the subjects covered of the additional online continuing professional development (CPD) courses from Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) including business performance management, customer service, and leadership skills.