BEST OF THE BLOGS
- Speaking the Same Language?: Differences and Similarities between UK and US Bloggers. Pedersen, Sarah // International Journal of the Book;2007, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p49
While blogging as a form of computer-mediated communication has attracted a growing amount of academic investigation in recent years, the majority of such research has so far focused on the North American experience. 120 UK and US bloggers (equal numbers of men and women) were surveyed about...
- TEN POINTS ABOUT: BLOGGING. Pilch, Christine // BusinessWest;1/5/2009, Vol. 25 Issue 17, p40
The article presents 10 points about blogging. First, blogging requires a serious time commitment, which necessitates bloggers to post at least one per week. Second, blog can be more noticeable through posting comments on other relevant blogs. Third, bloggers should have access to photos and...
- GET INVOLVED. // Credit Union Management;Jan2009, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p62
The article announces the launching of CUES Skybox and CUES Nexus Connection as the official blogs of CUES. The sites allow individual to add feedback to an ongoing discussion by clicking on "Comments" at the bottom of the posting. CUES Skybox and Nexus Connection can be added to newsreader by...
- MY LIFE AS A BLOGGER. // Campaign (UK);5/9/2008, Issue 18, p24
The article presents several blogs about the use blogging in the advertising business. One blog notes the reason behind the lack of agency blog. Another blog points out the inability of advertising agencies to write something that is remotely interesting. Information on the accountability of...
- BLOGS of the Week. McNeil, Michele; Viadero, Debra; Maxwell, Leslia; Gewertz, Catherine // Education Week;10/28/2009, Vol. 29 Issue 9, p10
Several blogs about education related subjects are presented including one on the funding of education in the U.S., one on school violence and another on the college application process.
- B&C Readers Weigh In on the Web. // Broadcasting & Cable;9/28/2009, Vol. 139 Issue 36, p11
Several blogs are discussed including from Michigan Judge Tom North and Master Control Operator Daniel Quintanilla of Washington, D.C.
- ANA MARIE COX. // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;Apr2009, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p48
The article offers information on the contributions of Bloggers Ana Marie Cox to online information world. Cox has pushed her commentary and reporting as its own media network, using all of the requisite social media tools. Cox also tested with an embeddable liveblog and chat feed for coverage...
- THELAWYER.COM. // Lawyer;2/8/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p2
Several blogs from "thelaywer.com" are discussed including one on the internal investigation of Eversheds, another on private emails, and another on maternity leave policies.
- APPLYING PROBABILISTIC TOPIC MODELS TO BLOG COMMUNITIES. Berlea, Alexandru // Proceedings of the IADIS International Conference on WWW/Interne;Jan2009, p324
The popularity of Internet communities makes the content generated by their users increasingly interesting for various purposes, including business ones. Analyzing the typically huge amount of community generated content calls for automatic methods, a fundamental task hereby being to...