A N.Y. County's Sewage Plan Hits Snag Amid Cries of Environmental Racism
- It's Buyers Beware on Detroit, Chicago Essential Service, Analysts Say. Flynn, Hillary // Bond Buyer;9/25/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34184, p1
As spreads on bonds from the recent Detroit Water and Sewer, Chicago Water and Chicago Wastewater deals tighten, some analysts warn these credits might not be as safe as investors think.
- In the Shadow of the Blue Ghost. Henning, Steve // Underground Construction;Nov2007, Vol. 62 Issue 11, p42
The article discusses the rehabilitation project in Corpus Christi, Texas for their sewer system, near the USS Lexington World War II aircraft carrier. It mentions the requirements commissioned on the program, like research results on the feasible rehabilitation products and processes, as well...
- Online load measurement in combined sewer systems – possibilities of an integrated management of wastewater transportation and treatment. Häck, M.; Lorenz, U. // Water Science & Technology;2002, Vol. 45 Issue 4/5, p421
Describes the spectral absorption coefficient (SAC) parameter and presents measuring points in the sewer system. Assessment of the possibilities of an integrated management of wastewater transportation and treatment; Alternatives to controlling the sewerage discharge load.
- Options for alternative types of sewerage and treatment systems directed to improvement of the overall performance. Otterpohl, R. // Water Science & Technology;2002, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p149
Discussions options for alternative types of sewerage and treatment systems directed to improvement of the overall performance. Alternative sewerage; Blackwater; Decentral wastewater treatment; Ecological sanitation; Water efficiency.
- FOG clearance. Burton, Cliff // Dairy Industries International;Dec97, Vol. 62 Issue 12, p41
Discusses the biological treatment of effluents containing fats, oils and grease. Concept of biological effluent treatment; Criteria of industrial effluents; Advantages of using biocatalysts; How to address the problem of fat, oil and grease (FOG) accumulation in pipes and drainage systems.
- N.J. sewer bond sale scrubbed due to suit. Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;10/15/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30500, p2
Reports that the New Jersey Environmental Infrastructure Trust decided to postpone a bond issue planned to finance a sewer line project. Lawsuit filed by environmentalists as the reason for the decision.
- The variation of volatile fatty acid compositions in sewer length, and its effect on the process design of biological nutrient removal. Yun, Z.; Yun, G. H.; Lee, H. S.; Yoo, T. U. // Water Science & Technology;2013, Vol. 67 Issue 12, p2753
The potential of enhanced biological phosphorus removal (EBPR) in biological nutrient removal (BNR) systems critically depends on the availability and types of volatile fatty acids (VFAs) in sewage. Although the characteristics of VFAs in sewage are strongly related with the biochemical...
- Searching for storm water inflows in foul sewers using fibre-optic distributed temperature sensing. Schilperoort, Rémy; Hoppe, Holger; De Haan, Cornelis; Langeveld, Jeroen // Water Science & Technology;2013, Vol. 68 Issue 8, p1723
A major drawback of separate sewer systems is the occurrence of illicit connections: unintended sewer cross-connections that connect foul water outlets from residential or industrial premises to the storm water system and/or storm water outlets to the foul sewer system. The amount of unwanted...
- Bids due for sewage treatment plant. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;5/16/2003, Vol. 47 Issue 20, p24
Reports that Kuwait's Ministry of Electricity and Water has issued for bid a sewage processing and treatment project. Value of the contract; Scope of the contract; Companies that are prequalified to submit bids.