A Question of Disclosure
- Missouri Agency Shows the Way To Financing Its First Power Plant. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;12/28/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32539, Special section p20
The article reports on the presentation of the Bond Buyer's 2006 Midwest Deal of the Year award to the Missouri Joint Municipal Electric Utility Commission for its (MJMEUC) sale of power project revenue bonds in May. The bonds were issued to finance the construction of the state's first...
- California Working Out Bond Deal to Bail Out Power Companies. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;02/05/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31070, p48
Reports on California officials' plan to establish a mechanism on how revenue bonds authorized by the Legislature to buy power through long-term contracts will be structured. Issuance of bond anticipation notes through the Department of Water Resources; Expected inquiries from potential...
- Prepaid Gas Provision Covers Future Tax-Exempts Only. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;02/27/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31085, p5
Focuses on United States Senator Frank Murkowski's introduction of a comprehensive energy legislation that would allow state and local governments to issue tax-exempt bonds in the future to purchase prepaid natural gas contracts. Protection of tax-exempt status of bonds of public power...
- California Senate Passes Bill To Create State Power Agency. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;05/04/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31132, p3
Reports on the California Senate's approval of a bill authorizing the sale of bonds to enable the state to increase its power generation capability. Amount of bonds to be issued by the state; Creation of the California Consumer Power and Conservation Financing Authority.
- Plan lifts debt constraints. Figler, Andrea // Bond Buyer;04/05/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30612, p1
Reports that member cities of the Intermountain Power Agency (IPA) may adopt a novel debt-payment structure to help prepare for competition by providing the flexibility to maintain power rates even as they prepay outstanding bonds. Riverside, California's plan to decide whether to approve the...
- Connecticut May Help Pioneer 'Energy Improvement Districts'. Campbell, Dakin // Bond Buyer;7/23/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32676, p7
The article reports that the state of Connecticut may help pioneer energy improvement districts. It is stated that the state looks to be the proving ground for a number of innovative public power projects that may be financed with municipal bonds. In the Connecticut General Assembly, a law was...
- Ontario Builds with Green Bonds. HEAPS, TOBY // Corporate Knights Magazine;Nov2013, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p69
The article reports on the announcement by Ontario Premier Kathleen Wynne on October 30, 2013 of plans to fund climate friendly infrastructure with green bonds. Topics covered include the strong global demand for green bonds, the participation of Canada's major banks in green bonds, and the...
- Muni Prices Weaken; Energy Northwest Tops Slate. Barnett, Chip; Weitzman, Aaron; Burton, Paul // Bond Buyer;4/23/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34297, p1
Prices of top-rated municipal bonds finished weaker on Wednesday, traders said, with yields on some maturities rising by as much as five basis points.
- Growing New York County doubles its debt load with new GO issue. Roy, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;08/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30209, p1
Reports on Orange County, New York's plan to issue $60 million in bonds in August 1997. Concerns about population growth; Population figures from the 1970s to the 1990s; Graph comparing the results of bond issuance from 1991-1996.