Tax Judgement Could Put Crimp in Nassau County's Coffers
- Entrepreneurial Government Makes Good Sense. Gaebler, Ted // Public Manager;Fall92, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p4
The article discusses the problems related to fiscal survival of the U.S. government. It is stated that today the citizens are unwilling to pay increased taxes, hence, fiscal self-reliance seems to be the inevitable strategy for the fiscal survival of government. Government today is facing lot...
- It's not too late to ease the pain. Farber, Lawrence // Medical Economics;11/11/96, Vol. 73 Issue 21, p94
Focuses on year-end tax breaks. Long-term losses; Deciding which stocks to sell; Year-end dividends of funds; Application of capital gains rule on sale of stake in a passive investment; First-year expensing; Car write-offs.
- Oyster Bay receives energy rebate. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);2/24/97, Vol. 44 Issue 8, p31
Reports on the tax rebates received by the Town of Oyster Bay, Long Island, New York from the Long Island Lighting Co. for Phases I, II and III of its lighting conversion program at all town facilities. Worth of the rebates; Other rebates from the State Energy Office.
- The ins and outs of FST rebates. Brown, Joe // CMA Magazine;Feb91, Vol. 65 Issue 1, p16
Discusses the process of filing for a Federal Sales Tax inventory rebate claim in Canada. One of the first items of interest to many Canadian businesses; Definition of tax-paid goods; Perpetual inventory system; Retail inventory method.
- Malakoff sees positive sales tax rebate. // Malakoff News (TX);5/14/2010, Vol. 101 Issue 20, p8A
The article reports that the sales tax rebate of the City of Malakoff, Texas has increased more than 22 percent from 30, 000 to 37, 000 U.S. dollars.
- Bedford unveils tax rebate program. Haynes, Bob // Business Press;2/24/95, Vol. 7 Issue 43, p1
Reports that through the Sales Tax Rebate Incentive program, Bedford plans to offer rebates to business. Approval sought from Bedford city council. How will businesses be eligible for the program; What qualified companies will receive; Date of sales tax increase.
- The cheque is on the way. Fraser, Paul // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;06/23/97, Vol. 24 Issue 28, p45
Reports on the first rebates under the Alberta Family Employment Tax Credit program, anticipated in July of 1997. Figures for rebate total and families affected; Comment from Alberta Treasurer Stockwell Day.
- 'Holmes 2' uncovers Gallic tax rebate. Hopewell, John // Daily Variety;12/29/2010, Vol. 309 Issue 59, p3
The article reports that a tax rebate has been given for the shooting of the film "Sherlock Holmes 2" in France.
- Resolution extends property tax cuts to elderly and disabled. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);2/14/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p3
The article presents information on an opportunity of inclusion of elderly and disabled Texans in the historic property tax cuts passed by the Legislature in 2006.