- Financial plans. // Black Enterprise;Nov84, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p79
Financial plans. You don't need a lot of money to feel financially secure. What you need is a good financial plan, sound advice and the willingness to take some risks. Here is some advice.
- Fiscal fitness. // Black Enterprise;Mar1985, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p40
Three Black families learn how to make their money work for them. Two young couples, and one single woman, all employed as professionals, are using a variety of investment methods to insure financial freedom in the future.
- Search for financial independence. // Black Enterprise;Jan1987, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p31
A young professional couple made a lot of money and had fun spending it. Now they're looking for a plan that will accommodate a home, a family and long-term investments. Includes details of their finances.
- Four families' finances. Hairston, D.W. // Black Enterprise;Jul87, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p40
Four families meet the challenges of family finances by receiving sound advice on handling their money & investing wisely. As the cost of living continues to increase, young families struggle with the fundamentals of wise financial management. Families should try to invest in blue-chip stocks,...
- Smart money. Hilliard, S.L. // Black Enterprise;Oct87, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p103
A quiz on managing money, based on Black Enterprise's personal finance articles within the last 12 months.
- Staying ahead of your paycheck. Marsa, L. // Black Enterprise;Jul88, Vol. 18 Issue 12, p54
Tells how to amass enough cash and manage it so you're not forced to live from paycheck to paycheck. Gives 10 steps to amassing real riches.
- Walking the tightrope of serious debt. Lamaunte, D. // Black Enterprise;Jan1989, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p25
Explains how to improve a bad credit situation. Credit danger signs; Developing a budget; Good sense not emotions should dominate spending and buying habits; Consolidating debt; Getting a copy of a credit report; Securing your first credit card.
- Keeping it in the family. Lamaute, D. // Black Enterprise;Jan1989, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p56
Explains how to put one's financial house in order and plan for the coming year. Investing; Insurance; Paying for college; Family vacations.
- Using your home as an investment. Sharif, P. // Black Enterprise;Apr89, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p57
Discusses how many families across the nation are using their home equity as an investment vehicle that can provide them with quick liquidity and a chance to realize strong returns. The cost of credit; Risks; Types of programs.