Nontraditional Nonprofits Pick Up the Pace in Massachusetts
- Tax exemptions to nonprofits in Maine argued. Walsh, Mark // Education Week;10/16/96, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p26
Reports on a lawsuit challenging a Maine law that denies tax exemptions to non-profit groups that mainly serve out-of-state residents. Violation of the commerce clause; Denial of appeals related to education.
- Should The Scope Of Business Activities By Tax-Exempt Organizations Be Substantially Curtailed? CON. // Congressional Digest;May69, Vol. 48 Issue 5, p139
Presents a statement by the James Irvine Foundation, submitted to the U.S. House Committee on Ways and Means, in the course of hearings against curtailing business activities of tax-exempt non-profit organizations.
- FORM: Form 3500A, CA Submission of Exemption Request. // How to Form a Nonprofit Corporation in California;Apr2013, pF1
A form showing the Form 3500A, CA Submission of Exemption Request for a nonprofit organization is presented which appears in the book "How to Form a Nonprofit Corporation in California." The required information includes the name of the organization and its address.
- FORM: Intermediate Sanctions (IRC 4958) Update. Brauer, Lawrence M.; Henzke, Leonard J. // How to Form a Nonprofit Corporation in California;Apr2013, pF9
A summary is presented of the main changes in the final regulations under Internal Revenue Code (IRC) 4958, related to the tax-exempt organizations in the U.S.
- FORM: Form 1023: Application for Recognition of Exemption w/IRS Notice 1382. // How to Form a Nonprofit Corporation in California;Apr2013, pF12
A form showing the application for recognition of exemption w/IRS Notice 1382, for a nonprofit organization, is presented which appears in the book "How to Form a Nonprofit Corporation in California." The required information includes the name of the organization and its address.
- Predictors of Linkage to Care Following Community-Based HIV Counseling and Testing in Rural Kenya. Hatcher, Abigail; Turan, Janet; Leslie, Hannah; Kanya, Lucy; Kwena, Zachary; Johnson, Malory; Shade, Starley; Bukusi, Elizabeth; Doyen, Alexandre; Cohen, Craig // AIDS & Behavior;Jul2012, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p1295
Despite innovations in HIV counseling and testing (HCT), important gaps remain in understanding linkage to care. We followed a cohort diagnosed with HIV through a community-based HCT campaign that trained persons living with HIV/AIDS (PLHA) as navigators. Individual, interpersonal, and...
- FORM: Update: The Final Regulations on the Disclosure Requirements for Annual Information Returns and Applications for Exemption. Seto, Michael; Tyson, Toussaint // How to Form a Nonprofit Corporation in California;Apr2013, pF41
A summary is presented of the final regulations (T.D. 8818) regarding the public disclosure requirements pursuant to IRC 6104(d)(IRC 6104(e) prior to redesignation as (d) under the Tax and Trade Relief Extension Act of 1998) for tax-exempt organizations in the U.S.
- Non-profits, some businesses must file for property tax exemptions by April 30. // Grand Saline Sun (TX);4/26/2007, Vol. 111 Issue 17, p5
The article reports that the deadline for nonprofit organizations to apply to total exemption from property taxes in Van Zandt, Texas is on April 30, 2007.
- Nonprofits must carefully guard exempt status. Hyde, Julie // San Diego Business Journal;8/21/95, Vol. 16 Issue 34, p23
Stresses the need for nonprofit organizations in the United States to guard their exempt status when venturing into new areas of business and service. Potential tax consequences of new services and joint ventures pursued by nonprofits; Tax boards' increased review of nonprofit activities;...