Saints, Louisiana Discuss Financing Stadium Once Again
- What to do about the Saints. Laborde, Errol // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);06/11/2001, Vol. 21 Issue 51
Comments on the approval of the construction of a stadium for the New Orleans Saints football team. Challenges facing the construction of the stadium; Potential benefits for the city of New Orleans, Louisiana; Performance of the team in the 2000 season.
- In the end, Saints will have to love it or leave it. Finn, Kathy // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);05/14/2001, Vol. 21 Issue 47, p27
Comments on the plan of New Orleans Saints to establishment of a soccer stadium in Louisiana. Negotiation of legislators and representatives of the team; Consequences of building a stadium in the city; Apprehension on the generation of revenue from the facility.
- Weeks of Saints talks were just the calm before the storm. Finn, Kathy // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);7/2/2001, Vol. 21 Issue 54
Focuses on the negotiations between Louisiana Governor Foster's Chief of Staff Stephen Perry and New Orleans Saints football team owner Tom Benson for the construction of a stadium. Economic impact of the Saints' presence in New Orleans; Need to consult residents living in the candidate sites...
- New Orleans fans are right to enjoy Saints win or lose. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);9/15/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p26
Comments on the support of the city councils to the New Orleans Saints football team in New Orleans, Louisiana. Amount of payments needed to keep the Saints as the home team; Appointment of the Stadium Advisory Commission to study the feasibility of a stadium; Contribution of the football team...
- Is the Dome Still SUPER? McNulty, Ian // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);01/22/2001, Vol. 21 Issue 31, p1
Highlights the 25th anniversary of the Louisiana Superdome. Discontent of the sports stadium's primary tenant, the New Orleans Saints football team; Violation of the team's lease; Company that manages the Superdome; Annual revenues of the Saints; Sources of the Saints' income from the Superdome.
- Fifty Years of Football in New Orleans. Seiferth, Eric // Historic New Orleans Collection Quarterly;2010, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p6
The article discusses the history of football in New Orleans, Louisiana, focusing on the Tulane Stadium. It examines the Tulane University Green Wave football team, the National Football League (NFL) team the New Orleans Saints, and Super Bowl games played at the stadium. The article announces...
- TAKE IT OUTSIDE! Trotter, Jim // Sports Illustrated;1/16/2012, Vol. 116 Issue 2, p48
The article focuses on the New Orleans Saints football team of the National Football League (NFL). The team's 45-28 victory over the Detroit Lions in the first round of the NFL playoffs is examined in terms of a disparity in the performance of its offense during the 2011 season, in which the...
- Grandstanding in Mid-City. // New Orleans Magazine;Aug2012, Vol. 46 Issue 11, p54
The article focuses on the Hirsch Memorial Stadium, a backyard mini-superdome owned by couple Mike and Kathy Hirsch at South Bernadotte Street in New Orleans, Louisiana. It states that the couple transformed their backyard into a covered dome stadium from a thrown-together gathering venue since...
- Sidelines. Melara, Julio // New Orleans Magazine;Aug96, Vol. 30 Issue 11, p9
No abstract available.