MSRB Scales Back SMMP Proposal
- MSRB Trade Indicator Plans Opposed. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;7/3/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32415, p1
The article reports on the opposition of a group of private investors to proposals by the U.S. Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board to require dealers to use new real-time trade reporting designations. The new conditional trading commitment, an indicator to distinguish between trades, was...
- MSRB Creates Advisory Boards Comprised of Issuers and Investors. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;8/18/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31950, p5
Reports on the creation of a two eight-member advisory groups by the U.S. Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board. Responsibilities of the advisory groups; Role of the groups in providing insight on issues involving issuers and investors; Aim of the board to improve the flow of the information to...
- MSRB Issues Guidance for Transaction Reporting Ahead of Real-Time Debut. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;1/27/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32058, p4
Reports on the issuance of a notice providing guidance on submissions of trades, error feedback, and other issues in connection with the real-time transaction reporting by the U.S. Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board. Inclusion of a list of telephone numbers that dealers can call for...
- New Rules Proposed for ROPs. ALBANO, CHRISTINE // Bond Buyer;9/19/2012, Vol. 381 Issue 33784, p8
The article informs that the U.S. Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB) is planning to propose a rule in order to improve and make retail order period (ROPs) safer for issuers and investors.
- MSRB Publishes a Guide to EMMA for Muni Issuers. HUME, LYNN // Bond Buyer;4/16/2013, Vol. 384 Issue 33895, p8
The article informs that the organization Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board has presented an introductory guide to its Electronic Municipal Market Access for municipal bonds issuers to analyze their municipal financing options, communicate with investors and accede with disclosure rules.
- MUNICIPAL SECURITIES. KELLY, LYNNETTE // Public Management (00333611);Jan/Feb2014, Vol. 96 Issue 1, p29
The article offers information on the role of Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB), regulator of the municipal market, in improving pricing for investors and issuers. It states that rulemaking board will focus on fairness, transparency, and efficiency in 2014. It further states that...
- MSRB Not Dropping SMP Concept. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;03/02/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31088, p1
Reports that the United States Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board is not planning to abandon its proposal to create a new class of investor called sophisticated market professionals. Regulatory protection when trading online; Addressing institutional investor concerns.
- MSRB Warns Dealers About VRDO, ARS Data Redaction. Hemmerdinger, Jonathan // Bond Buyer;4/12/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33696, p1
The article reports that the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB) has warned enforcement agencies dealers on April 11, 2012 on their redaction of the required information from the liquidity facility agreements submitted to MSRB's Short-Term Obligation Rate Transparency system (SHORT).
- MSRB Plans Investor Education Videos. Glazier, Kyle // Bond Buyer;10/23/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34199, p16
The article reports on the plan of the U.S. Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB) to offer a free six-week video series to educate municipal securities investors about fundamental disclosure documents.