West Virginia's $25 Million Surplus Exceeds Projections
- Md. Registers Surplus Despite National Woes. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;8/31/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31215, p4
Reports on the budget surplus for the fiscal year of 2001 in Maryland. Impact of increase income and estate tax revenues on budget surplus; Effects of the economic slowdown on bond financing; Need to place surplus exceeding 10 million dollars into the Revenue Stabilization Account.
- DATA POINT. // Crain's New York Business;1/4/2016, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p0004
The article estimates that rising income and property-tax revenue in New York City will generate a budget surplus seven times more than anticipated in the mayor's budget in 2016, according to the city's publicly funded agency Independent Budget Office (IBO).
- West Virginia Directing Surplus to Pensions. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;7/6/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32417, p1
The article focuses on the intent of the government of West Virginia to use its extra cash to help meet a portion of its unfunded pension liabilities. The growth of fund revenue was due to severance taxes on coal and natural gas which rose to 25 percent, and personal income tax collection which...
- Minnesota Budget Update Forecasts $2.2B Surplus Over 2-Year Cycles. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/30/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32518, p56
The article reports on the forecast economic update of Minnesota for November 2006. Government officials has unveiled that November economic update anticipates nearly $2.2 billion budget surplus in the current and next-two year budget cycle. The economic update of November expects a $913 million...
- Southwest States to Welcome Big Surpluses. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/26/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32535, p1
The article reports that lawmakers in the Southwest states in the U.S. are preparing themselves to write budgets with the aid of revenue surpluses. According to preliminary legislative reports, the states including Arizona, Texas and Utah are expecting revenue surpluses for the budget in the...
- AND FURTHERMORE... // Motor;Jul2003, p121
Not content with blowing the huge budget surplus left to it by the previous Liberal rulers, the Victorian Government in Australia is whingeing because the massive revenue from speed trapsâ€” close to $400 million this year, up from $271 million in 2002 â€” is actually...
- Surplus May Spark Refund. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;12/21/2011, Vol. 378 Issue 33636, p7
The article reports on the latest revenue projections in relation to the 2011 fiscal year with a 1.8 billion dollars surplus that would trigger refund to taxpayers in Indiana.
- Indiana Closes 2016 Budget with Surplus. Colomer, Nora // Bondbuyer.com;7/26/2016, p1
Indiana closed out fiscal 2016 last month with a slight surplus despite the drain of low gas prices on revenue growth.
- Rosy Revenue. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/7/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32333, p29
The article reports on the 6.5 percent revenue increase of Arkansas for February 2006. The legislative expects the higher-than-expected revenue will translate into a budget surplus that would amount to 300 million dollars. Part of the revenue will be use to meet an Arkansas Supreme Court order...