Yield Indexes Climb Upwards in Quiet, Holiday-Shortened Week
- Alsi 'well on the way to 10 000'. Basson, Handrie // Finance Week;02/09/2001, p42
States that the Johannesburg Securities Exchange all-share index in South Africa could rise in 2001 due to the expected decline in United States interest rates. Stock predictions by asset managers such as Koos le Roux, Simon Marais, Stephen Arthur, Louis van der Walt and Dirk Stofberg; Stock...
- Machines, apparel may win in rate hike. Hemmerick, Steve // Pensions & Investments;8/05/96, Vol. 24 Issue 16, p2
Reports that business machine and apparel sectors of the equity market might benefit from a rise in short-term interest rates. Use of BARRA Inc.'s Alphabuilder macroeconomic model; Impact of the decision of the US Federal Reserve Board to raise interest rates on various stock price indexes;...
- Indexes & Rates. // Indianapolis Business Journal;08/14/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 22, p48
Focuses on the performance of national and local stock market indexes and interest rates in Indianapolis, Indiana, current as of August 14, 2000.
- Indianapolis growth outstrips rest of state. Barkey, Patrick // Indianapolis Business Journal;9/17/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 27, p55A
Presents several graph depicting stock index in Indiana. Interest Rates; Data on earnings and dividends; Statistics on technology stock index.
- Long rates up in reaction to commodity price rise. Fraust, Bart // American Banker;7/2/1993, Vol. 158 Issue 126, p20
Reports on the rise in long-term interest rates on July 1, 1993. Drop in short-term rates; Market reaction to a big increase in the Commodity Research Bureau's index; Higher commodity prices; Slowdown in manufacturing activity as reflected in the National Association of Purchasing Management's...
- Markets monitor. // Christian Science Monitor;3/24/97, Vol. 89 Issue 81, p8
Presents statistics on stock indexes and interest rates in the United States for March 21, 1997.
- STOCKS. // Indianapolis Business Journal;11/10/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 35, p33
Presents Indiana stock index. Interest rates; Rate of Indiana technology stock index; Indexes.
- Federal Reserve's rate hike alone not troublesome. Corry // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);09/03/99, Vol. 46 Issue 36, p36A
Analyzes the movements of federal rates and stock indexes in the United States as of September 3, 1999. Federal Reserve's plan to raise both the federal funds and discount rates; Yields from Treasury bonds.
- Transports and cyclicals hold gains. // Dow Theory Forecasts;8/26/2002, Vol. 58 Issue 34, p3
Reports that stocks have rebounded after panic selling in July 2002 in the United States. Implications of the Dow Transports; Broad transportation indexes; Interest rates.