Put a New Mind-Set Ahead of New Regs
- A View of the Economic Crisis and the Federal Reserve's Response. Yellen, Janet L. // FRBSF Economic Letter;7/6/2009, Vol. 2009 Issue 22, p1
The article presents a discussion of the economic crisis in the U.S. and the response of the U.S. Federal Reserve in solving the crisis, adapted from the speech delivered by the president and chief executive officer (CEO) of the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco to the Commonwealth Club in...
- Life and Death in the Econ E.R. // New York;10/20/2008, p24
The article presents a list related to the financial crisis in the United States by an anonymous source within the Federal Reserve, including when Bear Stearns went down, that the $700 billion bailout is not a big deal and that central banks are coming together.
- No time for champagne tastes. Linden, Jack // Free Press (Buda, TX);4/1/2009, Vol. 105 Issue 52, p5A
In this article the author discusses the need for a change in lifestyle in response to the economic turmoil in the U.S.
- Deep impact? // ICIS Chemical Business;10/22/2007, Vol. 272 Issue 15, p10
The article discusses the impact of subprime loan debt crisis in the U.S. Several economists and analysts do not rule out that the crisis may crimp global consumption, and could yet trigger a major meltdown in global financial and currency markets. The U.S. economy is stated to be in a delicate...
- HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, 1997. Roche, David // Forbes Asia;7/23/2007, Vol. 3 Issue 13, p107
No abstract available.
- Resolved: Stop All This Depression Talk. C. J. C. // Bank Loan Report;1/5/2009, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p2
The article urges to stop the discussion about depression especially in the financial market in the U.S. According to the author, journalists and experts need to shut up about heading into another depression or financial crisis. The article also offers a list of reasons why people should not...
- 2008 League Tables Illustrate Credit Freeze. M. S. // Bank Loan Report;1/5/2009, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p3
The article reports on the implication of the high yield loan and bond league tables for the fourth quarter of 2008 in the U.S. According to reports, this high yield loan and bond league tables illustrate the extent of the credit freeze. In addition, the volume of new high yield bond issues in...
- Due Diligence Challenges in Today's Financial Market. Kaden, Kevin // Bank Loan Report;1/5/2009, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p5
The article reports on the effect of the financial challenges to the effective financial due diligence in the U.S. One of the effects of financial crisis is the significant decline of the numbers of mergers and acquisitions. The author explained that effective financial due diligence has always...
- Bill George on What's Gone Wrong on Wall Street and How to Make It Right. Aschkenasy, Janet // Journal of Financial Planning;Feb2009, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p14
The article presents an interview with businessman Bill George in which he discusses the financial crisis facing the U.S. In order to demonstrate leadership during a time of financial crisis George feels that the financial industry should return to some of the basic principles of investing....