Small intestinal absorption and tolerance of enteral nutrition in acute colitis
- THE MANAGEMENT OF CHRONIC NONSPECIFIC DIARRHEA. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Jun1957, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p521
Focuses on the text of a discussion on the management of chronic nonspecific diarrhea presented at the Gastroenterological Clinical Conference of the New York Medical College in New York City from October 18 to 20, 1956. Hospital treatment given to a patient diagnosed with ulcerative colitis;...
- Intestinal absorption of dietary cadmium in women depends on body iron stores and fiber intake Akesson, Agneta; Berglund, Marika; Vahter, Marie; Nermell, Barbro // Environmental Health Perspectives;Dec1994, Vol. 102 Issue 12, p1058
No abstract available.
- Use of the caco-2 cell model to assess the relative lead-chelating ability of diasterioisomers of 2,3-dimercaptosuccinic acid. Pigman,, Elizabeth A.; Lott,, Jeri R.; Fernando,, Quintus; Blanchard, James // Environmental Health Perspectives;Feb1999, Vol. 107 Issue 2, p111
Examines the mechanisms of lead uptake by human intestinal cells. Utilization of the human adenocarcinoma cell model; Comparison on the intestinal transport and relative lead-chelating ability between meso and racemic diastereoisomers; Contribution of sulfhydryl-binding to the lead uptake...
- Foods and drugs that can rob you of calcium. Behen, Madonna; Mark, Erika Reider // Good Housekeeping;Apr95, Vol. 220 Issue 4, p205
Presents foods and drugs that interfere with calcium absorption. Corticosteroids; Thyroid hormones; Aluminum-containing antacids.
- Small intestinal absorption during endotoxemia in swine. Kanno, Sotaro; Emil, Sherif // American Surgeon;Oct1996, Vol. 62 Issue 10, p793
Studies the effects of systemic endotoxemia on small intestinal absorption in seven adolescent Yorkshire swine. Concept of the gut being a quiescent organ during critical illness challenged; Effect of endotoxemia on intestinal histology; Methods and materials used in the study; Results from...
- Studies on the mechanism of the toxic action of sodium nitrite on intestinal absorption in rats Grudzinski, Ireneusz // Archives of Environmental Contamination & Toxicology;Sep1991, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p475
No abstract available.
- Limitations to Fluid Replacement During Exercise. Maughan, Ron J.; Leiper, John B. // Canadian Journal of Applied Physiology;Apr99, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p173
Examines limitation of fluid replacement. Mechanism of water absorption and nutrients; Reasons of gastric emptying of liquids; Importance of fluid replacement on the onset of vigorous body activity.
- Primary Hypogammaglobulinemia and Malabsorption. Hughes, William S.; Cerda, James J.; Holtzapple, Philip; Brooks, Frank P. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Jun71, Vol. 74 Issue 6, p903
Deals with a study which investigated intestinal absorption in patients with primary hypogammaglobulinemia. Materials and method used in the study; Results and discussion.
- Clinical use of 1-alpha-hydroxyvitamin D[sub3]. // British Medical Journal;6/17/1978, Vol. 1 Issue 6127, p1572
Examines the physiological effects of cholecalciferol on the liver and kidney. Enhancement of skeletal mineralization; Association of lack of vitamin D with defective bone mineralization; Stimulation of the intestinal absorption of calcium and phosphate.