Early detection of influenza outbreaks using the DC Department of Health's syndromic surveillance system
- Largest Indianapolis-area immediate care centers. Ritchie; Cullather, Petra // Indianapolis Business Journal;12/07/99 Book of Lists 2000, Vol. 20 Issue 39, p137
Lists the largest immediate care centers in and around Indianapolis, Indiana, as of December 7, 1999. Includes names of medical facilities; Names of owners; Contact information.
- Emergency tsar wants 1,000 walk in centres. Hairon, Nerys // Pulse;10/28/2002, Vol. 62 Issue 41, p16
Reports on the British government emergency medical care tsar's proposal to build additional 1,000 walk-in centers in England. Potential impact of the proposal on the workload of general practitioners.
- How does lean work in emergency care? A case study of a lean-inspired intervention at the Astrid Lindgren Children's hospital, Stockholm, Sweden. // BMC Health Services Research;2012, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p28
The article presents information on a study which examines a lean inspired intervention in a pediatric Accident and Emergency department at the Astrid Lindgren Children's hospital, Stockholm, Sweden. The study analyzed hospital performance data with the help of analysis of variance (ANOVA) and...
- Crowd control. McKinney, Maureen // Modern Healthcare;8/16/2010, Vol. 40 Issue 33, p12
The article offers information on a proposed legislation that addresses emergency department (ED) overcrowding in California introduced by Assemblyman Ted Lieu. The bill is said to require hospitals to use scoring assessments and set hospitalwide protocols to address ED overcrowding. According...
- Emergency Code Terms Used in Pennsylvania Healthcare Facilities Vary Significantly. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Apr2015, p30
The article reports that Pennsylvania Patient Safety Advisory has encouraged Pennsylvania healthcare facilities to standardize the use of emergency code to increased patient safety.
- Crownpoint ER now has limited hours. BITSOI, ALASTAIR LEE // Navajo Times;6/18/2015, Vol. 54 Issue 24, pA-3
The article mentions that health care units including the emergency room, will have limited hours at the Crownpoint Healthcare Facility, Crownpoint, New Mexico.
- Emergency, anaesthetic and essential surgical capacity in the Gambia. Iddriss, Adam; Shivute, Nestor; Bickler, Stephen; Cole-Ceesay, Ramou; Jargo, Bakary; Abdullah, Fizan; Cherian, Meena // Bulletin of the World Health Organization;Aug2011, Vol. 89 Issue 8, p565
Objective To assess the resources for essential and emergency surgical care in the Gambia. Methods The World Health Organization's Tool for Situation Analysis to Assess Emergency and Essential Surgical Care was distributed to health-care managers in facilities throughout the country. The survey...
- Rx Response program launched. // AHA News;8/20/2007, Vol. 43 Issue 17, p1
The article reports that the American Hospital Association and other health care organizations has launched Rx Response, an initiative to ensure continued delivery of medications to health facilities during a severe public emergency. The program creates a chain of communication between the...
- Urgent Care Centers. // Louisville Magazine;May2007 Supplement, p28
A list of urgent care facilities available in Indiana, is presented. The list includes, After Hours Care of Harrison County Hospital in Corydon, Baptist Urgent Care at Shelbyville Road and Brownsboro Road, and Clark Memorial Hospital Advanced Urgent Care in Sellersburg.