Syracuse, N.Y., downgraded by Fitch IBCA
- A new marketing plan for Syracuse. Cordeau, David // Business Journal Serving Southern Tier, CNY, Mohawk Valley, Fing;02/02/98, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p1B
Reports that the Economic Growth Council of Syracuse, New York has drawn up a job-recruitment marketing plan consisting of five priority marketing strategies. Importance of site consultants; Forecasting emerging trends; Identification of growth sectors; Creation of government jobs.
- More working than ever before in greater syracuse. McChesney, Charles // Business Journal (Central New York);01/28/2000, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p17
Reports on the decline of unemployment in greater Syracuse, New York. Number of unemployed job seekers; Improvement of the city's economic conditions; Increase in loan repayments; Shortage of skilled labor.
- Untitled. // Business Journal Serving Southern Tier, CNY, Mohawk Valley, Fing;10/18/93, Vol. 9 Issue 15, p22
Forecasts on the economy of Syracuse, New York up to the year 1995. Total nonfarm employment; Housing permits; Existing home prices.
- Manpower predicts strong spring job market. Hubbard, Kim L. // Business Journal (Central New York);03/12/99, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p22
Reports that employers in Syracuse, New York, plan to increase their employee hiring activities for the year, according to Manpower Inc.'s Employment Outlook Survey for 1999. Industries with the largest employment growth.
- International Trade Important In Syracuse Economy. Manzella, John L. // Business Journal (Central New York);05/04/2001, Vol. 15 Issue 18, p22
Presents the context of the report entitled 'International Trade Benefits New York' for Syracuse, New York. Benefit of international trade for the metro area; Rank of the area's manufacturing employment sectors in the state's merchandising export industries; Percentage of Syracuse metro-area...
- Brookings report: Syracuse among top clean economies. Tampone, Kevin // Business Journal (Central New York);7/15/2011, Vol. 25 Issue 28, p1
The article offers information on a report by the Brookings Institution which indicates that the Syracuse, New York is one of the nation's strongest player in the clean economy.
- A PATH FORWARD FOR SYRACUSE. Andrews, Bob // Syracuse New Times;4/30/2014, Issue 3471, p12
The article discusses Syracuse, New York facing financial turmoil which impacts the water system, and road infrastructure, along with information on the Onondaga County Executive, Joanie Mahoney and the county legislature who have depicted substantial planning and advocacy for improving finances.
- Progress requires updating attitudes. // Business Journal (Central New York);01/28/2000, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p38
Editorial. Comments on the improvement of Syracuse, New York's economic conditions. Increase in the number of manufacturing jobs, in contrast with the situation in the early 1990s; Link between population and economic growth; Factors blamed for New York's lack of hospitality to business.
- Region poised to avoid worst of sub-prime crisis. Gregory, Traci // Business Journal (Central New York);2/15/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p3
The article reports that Syracuse region is in full control against the woes of sub-prime crisis in New York. According to the article, M&T Bank vice president and regional economist Gary Keith stressed that only one or two percent of the total housing base in the region is susceptible to the...