Mooks and Midriffs
- Digging up dirt on the millennial generation. SCHOOLEY, JEFFREY A. // Presbyterians Today;May2014, Vol. 104 Issue 4, p14
The article discusses the cultural and religious experiences which help in shaping the desire of young adults for the church. Topics include the documentary film "The Merchants of Cool" from PBS Frontline, the impact of living in a single-parent homes, and the preference of the millennials to...
- The documentary redefined. Marich, Robert // Hollywood Reporter;4/18/95, Vol. 336 Issue 44, pI-5
Reports on the marketing of documentary films covering controversial subjects for the European television networks. Includes `The Great Ladies of Strip Tease'; Exploits of French Nicolas Hulot.
- Nonfiction gets ratings respect. Clarke, Steve // Variety;03/30/98, Vol. 370 Issue 7, pM2
Reports the increased ratings of documentary films in television programs in Great Britain. Success of Discovery Channel Europe; Focus of the MipDoc screening program; Reason for the success of documentary films.
- RENDEZ-VOUS' GRAND CRU. Keslassy, Elsa // Variety;1/12/2009, Vol. 413 Issue 8, pA4
A list of motion pictures available at the 2009 Unifrance film market is presented. Among the entrants are "Via Amalia," directed by Benoit Jacquot "A Man and His Dog," starring Jean-Paul Belmondo and the documentary film "Lads and Jockeys."
- Driving force. Gant, Charles // Sight & Sound;Aug2011, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p9
This article discusses the documentary film "Senna" about a deceased race-car driver and the techniques used in promoting the film, including the timing of the release on an off-race weekend during the Grand Prix, and using Jeremy Clarkson, a notable motor-sport enthusiast, to promote the film.
- Ecocinema in Senegalese documentary film. Sow, Moussa // Journal of African Cinemas;Apr2013, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p3
In this article, I argue that the Senegalese cinema of the last two decades has embodied many aspects of today's much-discussed ecocinema. It is particularly in documentary film that the ecological conundrum that Africa faces is revealed in the most subtle and compelling way. How does Global...
- Anthro-tourism, documentary film and method. Peters, Roanne // Journal of African Cinemas;Apr2013, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p19
The lines between tourist and an anthropologist have become increasingly blurred. The idea of the Anthro-tourist is discussed in terms of a self-reflexive experience in the Kalahari Desert. A conceptual framework is developed through a case study of a reflexive video, I am, You Are? (2003)....
- A Slice of History: Haymarket, Facing Uncertain Future, is Subject of Documentary. Healy, Meghan // Real Estate Connection;2008 2nd Quarter, p16
The article discusses how filmmaker Terry Benedict creates the documentary film "Haymarket: A Boston Tradition." The film features the Haymarket in Boston, Massachusetts. Benedict aims to document the whole life cycle of the Haymarket, which is reportedly running for three centuries. He also...
- Docus on the go. Mundell, Ian // Daily Variety;8/26/2010, Vol. 308 Issue 38, p4
The article reports on a project to be launched by Utopia chain of art house cinemas in Gaul by mid- September 2010, which trades documentary films at 5 euros to visitors with memory card or USB stick.