Clean & 'Ezee'
- Across Midwest, they heard the whistle blowing. Savoye, Craig // Christian Science Monitor;6/27/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 151, p2
Reports that an old steam engine called the Frisco 1522 has returned to active service after being housed in a museum for three decades.
- STEAM DAYS. // Steam Days;Mar2014, Issue 295, p167
Photographs of several Derby-built Fairburn 2-6-4Ts Scottish engines are presented including the Fairburn 2-6-4T No 2689, the BR-built Fairburn 2-6-4T No 42122, and the Fairburn 2-6-4T No 42262.
- Love letter to `Little Lenin'. King, Ed // Trains;Sep96, Vol. 56 Issue 9, p14
Features the steam engine Seaboard 544. Former name; Nickname; Builder; Features; Restoration; Author's experiences in riding the train.
- Last hurrah for mainline steam? Stephens, Bill // Trains;May98, Vol. 58 Issue 5, p38
Presents information on steam engines with reference to tourist railroads. Circumstances surrounding the preservation of steam engines; Questions relating to the continue existence of mainline steam engines; Indepth look at an engine update in various states in America. INSET: Who's turning a...
- Vermont steam. // Trains;Nov2015 Special Anniversary Issue, Vol. 75 Issue 11, p110
A photograph is presented of two Central Vermont steam engines blowing their exhaust plumes at Brattleboro, Vermont on February 23, 1957.
- N scale USRA 2-10-2 is a big tonnage hauler. // Model Railroader;Jan2005, Vol. 72 Issue 1, p118
Reviews Con-Cor N scale USRA Heavy 2-10-2 Santa Fe type steam locomotive. Key features; Cosmetic details; Performance of the locomotive.
- A steam engine in trouble. // Beaver;Oct/Nov97, Vol. 77 Issue 5, p50
Presents a photograph of an overturned steam engine by Adrian K. Paton.
- GoinG GLOBAL. Terrill, Eileen T. // Cobblestone;Nov2004, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p10
Presents several facts about the history of the world during the 1700s, including the invention of steam engine.
- Forget tilting trains -- let's steam clean the UK's railway system. Glaskin, Max // Engineer (00137758);9/12/2003, Vol. 292 Issue 7635, p20
Explores the benefits of converting railroads networks into steam trains in Great Britain. Integrated transportation policy; Environmental protection; Energy conservation.