On Sustainable Mobility
- Sally's helpline. Drury, Sally // Horticulture Week;2/19/2010, p80
The article provides an answer to a question regarding the development of 4x4 electric utility vehicle.
- SINGAPORE: Electric car sharing trials planned. Pugliese, Tony // Aroq - Just-Auto.com (Global News);12/12/2014, p1
The article reports that the Land Transport Authority and the Economic Development Board of Singapore has invited electric car manufacturers to submit proposals for electric-car sharing scheme, scheduled to start in early 2016.
- Plug slugfest. // Automotive News;10/22/2012, Vol. 87 Issue 6539, p21
The article offers information about charging plugs for battery-powered vehicles.
- Electric Vehicle Growth Offers Opportunities -- and Risks. // Buildings;Nov2011, Vol. 105 Issue 11, p16
The article discusses Ernst & Young's global report, "Beyond the Plug: Finding Value in the Emerging Electric Vehicle Charging Ecosystem" that shows that the growth of the electric vehicle charging industry presents opportunities for businesses despite significant risks.
- Things to come...the charge of the electric vehicles. Woudhuysen, James // Management Today;Jun99, p44
Highlights moves in the United States and Great Britain mandating the development of environment-friendly vehicles. British manufacturing of electric vehicles; Zero emission standard for vehicles in California by year 2003; Installation of power outlets for electric vehicles.
- THE QUANTYA ELECTRIC DIRT BIKE. McKinley, Jess // Dirt Bike;May2008, Vol. 38 Issue 5, p18
The article focuses on the Quantya FMX, an electric powered motorcycle designed to combat noise complaints in the U.S. This motorcycle may look like a hybrid mountain bike with an 18-inch tires and the Marzocchi forks are 35 millimeter. Its main feature is the 14-kilowatt per hour motor powered...
- GM ups stakes in fuel economy war. Eisenstein, Paul // Professional Engineering;08/09/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 15, p15
Discloses General Motors' plan to launch production of a series of hybrid vehicles in 2000 that will reduce fuel consumption and emissions levels compared to conventionally powered cars and trucks. Potential orders for the vehicle; Plans for launching production of full-sized hybrid-electric...
- Ready for the Charge. Chandler, Doug // Electrical Wholesaling;Sep2012, Vol. 93 Issue 9, p27
The article offers information on the opening of charging stations for electric vehicles in the U.S. The market of electric vehicles is developing slowly in the country, and so, it needs to enhance its infrastructure to meet the growing demand for electric vehicle supply equipments (EVSE). The...
- Electric cars face rough ride. Wood, Janet // Utility Week;9/18/2009, p11
The article reports on possible challenges to be faced by the electric car market in Great Britain in the future. One of the potential problems is managing extra load which wil be dependent on various factors such as the development of battery and charging technology. On the other hand, electric...