- Climate for change. Trotman, Alex // Executive Excellence;Dec97, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p20
Discusses the automotive industry's efforts to protect the environment. Focus on Ford Motor Co.'s response to the worldwide concern over the environment; Role of regulation in supporting efforts to maintain and improve the environment; Need to make steady improvements in technology.
- Ford to chair new board committee. // Automotive News;7/14/1997, Vol. 71 Issue 5722, p42
Reports that Ford Motor Company has formed a board committee for environmental and public policy issues. Appointed chair William Clay Ford, Jr.; Focus on major environmental issues being debated around the world.
- Ford makes environmental pledge. McMullen, Cheryl A. // Waste News;05/14/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p4
Reports on automaker Ford Motor Co.'s pledge to minimize its impact on the environment. Company's commitment to increase recycling, reduce emissions from its sport utility vehicles and use more recycled materials in vehicles; Analysis of the life-cycle of materials; Addition of more safety and...
- Cischke: We must juggle consumer wants, social needs. // Automotive News;2/25/2002, Vol. 76 Issue 5972, p20H
Focuses on the automobile industry role in the creation of product balance between environmental and safety engineering at the Ford Motors Co. Automotive industry significance to environmental issues; Governments requirement to develop safety standards for vehicles; Need products from recycled...
- 4 Ford utes to be LEVs. Connelly, Mary // Automotive News;1/12/1998, Vol. 71 Issue 5748, p48
States that Ford Motor Co. is appealing to consumers' green or environmental interests by marketing four sport utility vehicles (SUV) as low-emission vehicles (LEV) in the 1999 model year. The Ford Explorer, Ford Expedition, Mercury Mountaineer and Lincoln Navigator to be sold as LEVs; Mention...
- Bill Ford Jr. puts industry on environmental hot seat. Sorge, Marjorie // Automotive Industries;Nov97, Vol. 177 Issue 11, p38
Reports that Bill Ford Jr. of the Ford Motor Company has challenged American automobile manufacturers to do more to improve the environment. Number of cars in the world; Actions that governments have taken to reduce emissions; Ford's opposition to Clinton Administration's signing of a global...
- Ford's better ideas. Motavalli, Jim // E: The Environmental Magazine;Nov/Dec94, Vol. 5 Issue 6, p14
Reports on the efforts of Ford Motor Co. to integrate environmental protection in its manufacturing operations. Recycled car parts in new vehicle models; Electric car research.
- Ford plans big cuts in truck emissions. Connelly, Mary // Automotive News;5/24/1999, Vol. 73 Issue 5820, p10
Reports on the plan of Ford Motor Co. to reduce smog-causing emissions from its pickups. Reduction of emissions in the 2000 models of Ford F pickups; Re-engineering of the 2001 models of Ford Ranger; Focus on improving fuel economy; Plan to become an environmental leader in the industry.
- An integral part of everyone's thinking. Petrauskas, Helen // Ward's Auto World;Aug94, Vol. 30 Issue 8, p17
Discusses the responsibility of the United States automotive industry to protect the environment. Example of Ford Motor Co.'s vehicle recycling program; Emphasis on recycling and waste management; Quality as a built characteristic.