Modernized Old-World Hotel Goes Green, Provides Comfort With Ductless HVAC
- HÃ´tel Royal. Peppiat, Michael // Architectural Digest;Apr2003, Vol. 60 Issue 4, p174
Features the HÃ´tel Royal in Evian-les-Bains, France. History of the structure; Renovation of the hotel; Services available.
- Roman Games. Monroe, Linda K. // Buildings;Apr99, Vol. 93 Issue 4, p52
Discusses the renovation of gaming establishment Caesars Atlantic City in Atlantic City, New Jersey. Primary reason for the modernization of the structure; Budget and construction timespan; Information on the architectural firm in charge of the project; Need to address structural changes.
- Opryland plans major changes. // Hotel & Motel Management;12/15/97, Vol. 212 Issue 21, p50
Presents details on the changes planned for Opryland Hotel in Nashville, Tennessee. Closure of the theme park adjacent to the hotel; Reason for the move.
- Face Lifts. // Hotel & Motel Management;3/4/2002, Vol. 217 Issue 4, p44
Reports renovations and expansion projects of hotels at the Doubletree Hotel Ontario Airport and Salt Lake City Marriott Downtown Hotel in California.
- Closing during renovations saves time, money and staff. Matte, Lisa // Hotel & Motel Management;6/3/2002, Vol. 217 Issue 10, p13
Reports on the effect of renovation to hotel operations in the U.S. Relationship between employees and hoteliers; Priority of hotel management on staff retention; Management of hotels for customer satisfaction.
- Face Lifts. // Hotel & Motel Management;10/7/2002, Vol. 217 Issue 17, p58
Reports developments related hotels in the U.S. as of October 2002. Guestroom renovation of the Hastings Hotel; Features of the renovated Churchill Hotel; Cost of the renovation of the Park Hyatt Los Angeles.
- Hotels spend millions on renovations. Schickedanz, Karen // Inside Tucson Business;10/21/2002, Vol. 12 Issue 30, p16
Reports on hotel renovation efforts in Tucson, Arizona in 2002. Renovation plans and activities by the Best Western Executive Inn, the Doubletree Hotel and the InnSuites Hotel; Cost of renovations; Statements by the hotels' managers on their renovation activities.
- DESIGN ELEMENTS. // Lodging Hospitality;9/1/2010, Vol. 66 Issue 11, p42
The article presents information on the renovations going on at different hotels including Peabody Orlando, Hilton in New york and Willard InterContinental in Washington D.C. in U.S.
- Sheraton gets multi-million dollar facelift. Martorana, Jamie // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);09/14/98, Vol. 45 Issue 37, p6A
Reports that the Sheraton Long Island Hotel in New York will undergo renovation. Owners Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Co.; Changes include expansion of meeting space and conversion of nightclub into a banquet room; Room refurbishments; Offerings for corporate and business clients.