New Filtration Technology Keeps Cooling Tower Water Clean
- Air-powered projectiles mop up contamination. Riley, Bruce; Schneider, Richard T. // Hydraulics & Pneumatics (1996);Mar97, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p14
Features Contamination Eliminator System, a filtration system designed by Compri Technic in Bayswater, Western Australian. Mechanical properties of its projectile; Velocity of the projectile; Comparison with the other cleaning system.
- Innovative alternative groundwater sampling filter introduced. // Journal of Environmental Health;Apr1994, Vol. 56 Issue 8, p44
Introduces German Sciences' patented AquaPrep Flex Filter, an alternative for groundwater sampling. Advantages over the traditional flat disc holder filtration method; High capacity throughput; Lightweight design.
- Fuel filter increased pump life. // Machine Design;6/6/94, Vol. 66 Issue 11, p52
Reports on polyester-based polymeric depth media (PDM) vehicle filters by Kuss Filtration. Capacity and efficiency compared to conventional filters; Introduction of a family of nylon-based heat-resistant depth media called PDM IIa; Applications.
- Metal mesh allows high-temperature filtration. // Professional Engineering;06/25/97, Vol. 10 Issue 12, p48
Features a technological breakthrough in filtering that uses a stainless steel mesh instead of a fiber cloth as filter barrier. Use of filter for high-temperature applications; Advantages of the filtration system.
- Biofiltration--black or biofilm? Toffey, William E. // BioCycle;June97, Vol. 38 Issue 6, p58
Discusses the principles of biofiltration technology and processes. Effective technology for destroying contaminants in composting air; Principal elements and design components; Discussion on capacity, media and moisture; Effects of pressure, alkalinity and acidity, and nutrient media;...
- RF filter for cellular systems boosts capacity. Baker, Andrea // Design News;9/25/95, Vol. 51 Issue 18, p11
Reports on a prototype high-temperature superconductor (HTS) filter designed by engineers at Superconductor Technologies Inc. (STI) that may offer more filtering capacity in a smaller unit than conventional designs. Cryogenic system; Measuring the effectiveness of radio-frequency receiver filters.
- KX Adds Technology. // Nonwovens Industry;Dec2003, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p20
Reports that the KX Industries company has announced new technology to produce consumer water filters, in 2003.
- Cluck, cluck for clean emissions. Wagner, John D.; DiChristina, Mariette // Popular Science;Mar96, Vol. 248 Issue 3, p32
Discloses that according to the TVA Environmental Research Center, poultry litter and pine bark packed in smoke stacks effectively remove toxic chemicals from industrial emissions. Biofilters; Details about TVA's biofilters.
- Electronically tunable color filter may lead to less expensive displays. Novellino, John // Electronic Design;07/21/97, Vol. 45 Issue 15, p35
Presents information on a surface-plasmon color filter that is electronically turnable by varying a voltage, developed by the Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena, California. Information from a paper presented at the Society for Information Display Conference in May, 1997 where Y. Wang...