- Good News For Green Building. // Plumbing & Mechanical;Jan2009, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p12
The article discusses the benefits on the use of green building in the building industry in the U.S. For the U.S. General Services Administration (GSA) has used sustainable building, the company measures the achievement in sustainable design using Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design...
- Growing Pains for LEED. Collignon, Mike; Blissard, Laureen // Green Builder Magazine;Oct2012, Vol. 7 Issue 10, p55
The article discusses the controversy surrounding proposals under Version 4 of Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) of the U.S. Green Building Council. It offers an overview of contentious areas of proposed changes which could allegedly impact on the continued use of the LEED...
- FEDERAL OFFICIALS RECOGNIZE LEED AS PROJECT BENCHMARK. // Concrete Products;Jun2013, Vol. 116 Issue 6, p13
The article reports that the Green Building Advisory Committee of the U.S. government agency General Services Administration (GSA) has recommended the agency to apply the Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design (LEED) green building certification system to its projects.
- Building or Buying Your Sustainable Home. Priesnitz, Rolf // Natural Life;Mar/Apr2010, Issue 132, p44
The article offers information on the principles behind the Living Building Challenge (LBC) by Cascadia Region Green Building Council. It states that LBC is a green building and certification standard program that promote the goals of Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED)....
- Liberty Corner Corporate Center Achieves LEED Silver. Kraat, Betsy // National Real Estate Investor Exclusive Insight;2/14/2012, p11
The article reports that Liberty Corner Corporate Center in Bernards Township, New Jersey has been awarded LEED-EB:OM Silver certification.
- CHICAGO BUILDING RECEIVES LEED PLATINUM. // Elevator World;Mar2012, Vol. 60 Issue 3, p24
The article announces that the Greenhouse Loft in Chicago, Illinois has achieved Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design Platinum certification.
- Improving the flow of information from the bidding process for public works aimed at achieving LEED certification. Karoline, Richter; de Paula Lacerda, Santos Adriana; Christine, Sotsek Nicolle; Mauro Lacerda, Santos Filho // Applied Mechanics & Materials;2014, Issue 630-642, p1926
This work aims to improve the information flow diagram of the bidding process of a work in progress of an University Federal (UF) from Brazil aimed at obtaining environmental LEED certification. The research was divided into two parts, the first a review of literature regarding the LEED...
- Portsmouth library wins LEED certification. // New Hampshire Business Review;9/14/2007, Vol. 29 Issue 20, p41
The article reports that the new Portsmouth Public Library in New Hampshire has won the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certification from the U.S. Green Building Council. City Manager John Bohenko said the library has become the first municipal building in the state to...
- LEED SPEC-IFIC. Walsh, Valerie // Architect;Sep2007, Vol. 96 Issue 10, p55
The article offers ideas on the specifics of LEED certification that contractors should understand. Contractors should be educated about industry terms like chain of custody and acronyms like SMACNA. The material approval procedure and contractor's schedule must be set. The required monthly LEED...