Rentrak Expands Dish Tracking Deal
- Dish Exec: Hopper Not Affecting Our Clients. Morabito, Andrea // Broadcasting & Cable;3/4/2013, Vol. 143 Issue 9, p12
The article reports that Adam S. Gaynor, director of advertising sales at Dish Network Corp., has considered the Hopper television set-top box of his firm to not discourage advertisers in the U.S.
- Hopping. McAdams, Deborah D. // TV Technology;6/27/2012, Vol. 30 Issue 14, p6
The article offers information on digital video recorder (DVR), Hopper from Dish Network Corp.
- Dish launches new box for hospitality sector. // CED;Jul2013, Vol. 39 Issue 7, p30
The article evaluates the Smartbox, which provides high definition (HD) and standard definition (SD) channels in hotel rooms, manufactured by the U.S.-based provider of direct broadcast satellite services Dish Network Corp.
- Contractions. Taverna, Michael A. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;3/3/2008, Vol. 168 Issue 9, p37
The article reports that the spinoff of EchoStar's fixed-service satellite business is reinforcing speculation over further consolidation in the sector, although there is dispute over the likely extent of its impact. At the end of 2007, EchoStar split up its direct broadcasting (DBS) and...
- Dish Network Calls Dibs on 'TV Everywhere' Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;11/16/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 43, p4
The article announces that chief executive officer (CEO) Charlie Ergen of U.S.-based Dish Network Corp. has filed for trademark protection on the marketing term "TV Everywhere." It notes that the television network is to use the term in marketing its Sling box-enabled set-top box. It claims that...
- Multichannel News Index. // Multichannel News;7/27/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 26, p28
The article offers news briefs related to the U.S. cable television industry as of 2015 along with several charts related to the same. Topics include exit of Cisco Systems from the set-top box business after suffering share declines, AT&T's financial results for the second quarter of 2015 , and...
- Dish Dabbles With Google-Fueled Set-Tops. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;3/15/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 11, p24
The article reports that Dish Network Corp. (Dish) has launched a limited period trial for set-top boxes which have Internet connectivity. These set-top boxes have been developed by Dish and Google Inc. and can run ad-targeting and Google search softwares. The set-top boxes enable viewers to...
- DISH LAUNCHES 4K ULTRA HD SET-TOP BOX. // CD Computing News;Feb2015, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p4
The article offers information on the DISH 4k Joey, a 4,000-pixel Ultra High-definition television set-top box designed to facilitate integration with American direct-broadcast satellite service provider Dish Network Corporation's Hopper Whole Home high-definition digital video recorder (HD DVR)...
- Road Blocks. // Broadcast & CableSat;9/30/2015, p1
The article focuses on challenges faced by Digital Terrestrial Television (DTT) broadcasters in India including reductions in terms of funding, cost of migration and simulcast with regard to new standards, and need to purchase of a new set top box and antenna to switch to DTT.