Viacom Hopes for Ad Uplift
- Viacom Cuts Growth Forecast on Ad Drop. Lafayette, Jon // Television Week;10/13/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 27, p5
The article reports on the announcement by media conglomerate Viacom that it expects lower earnings growth than it had forecast earlier in 2008. The company, which owns cable networks including MTV, VH1, BET, Comedy Central and Nickelodeon, said its earnings growth for the year will be in the...
- Street eyes '04 outlook in earnings calls. Szalai, Georg // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;10/21/2003, Vol. 380 Issue 39, p13
As the third-quarter entertainment earnings parade kicks into high Time Warner Inc. (TW) results presentation on October 22, 2003 and Viacom Inc. on October 23, 2003, investors will already focus, to a large degree, on next year. Viacom already has refocused, investors after a recent earnings...
- Ad Market: Many Happy Returns. Atkinson, Claire // Broadcasting & Cable;5/3/2010, Vol. 140 Issue 18, p13
The article reports the recovery of advertising markets in 2010 in the U.S. It states that advertisers like Comcast, Viacom, and Discovery are improving their business despite the effect of the economic crisis. It also highlights a prediction from media consultancy BIA/Kelsy which anticipates a...
- Redstone rosy over Viacom. DiOrio, Carl // Daily Variety;1/9/2003, Vol. 278 Issue 4, p1
Presents the business forecast of executive Sumner Redstone for Viacom Inc. in 2003. Comments on the financial performance of global media and entertainment; Views on the impact of federal deregulation in the industry; Speculation on the tenure of Viacom president Mel Karmazin.
- Viacom exex paint rosy pic at financial huddles. Oppelaar, Justin // Daily Variety;12/4/2001, Vol. 274 Issue 2, p5
Reports on the financial forecast of Viacom president and chief operating officer Mel Karmazin for the conglomerate during the UBS Warburg's 29th annual media week in New York city. Interest in picking up additional television and radio stations; Growth displayed by advertising sales across...
- Viacom: It's War vs. HIV, Fought With PSA Images. Forkan, Jim // Multichannel News;10/14/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 41, p24
Reports the campaign of Viacom Inc. against the spread of HIV and AIDS. Cost of the HIV/AIDS prevention media campaign; Involvement of Paramount Television and CBS Productions to the media campaign; Participation of the media assets of the company.
- Viacom chief expects ad growth, pricier upfront. Szalai, Georg // Hollywood Reporter;3/10/2010, Vol. 413 Issue 36, p5
The article reports that Viacom Inc.'s television network is expecting to improve its advertising performance during the first quarter of year 2010.
- The Double Whammy: Mel, Recession. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;4/29/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 17, p12
Reports the reliance of Viacom Inc. on advertising for revenue. Percentage of the revenue of Viacom comes from advertising; Decline of advertising market; Resignation of John Popkowski as president of ad sales of MTVN.
- Local-Ad Sales Softness Stings Viacom. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;9/29/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 39, p6
Reports on the decision of Viacom Inc. to lower its full-year revenue and earnings guidance due to the slow recovery of the local cable television advertising market in the U.S., as of September 29, 2003. Decline in Viacom's share price; Forecast on local advertising growth for local...