Music Choice Channels Into Young Demo
- Dennis Tzang M+. // Music Connection;6/4/2007, Vol. 31 Issue 12, p25
An interview with Dennis Tzang co-founder of MusicPlusTV is presented. When asked about his background and how MusicPlusTV came into being, he cited his experiences while working at Focus Features formerly USA films. Live showcases for indie artists started as a live event called Friday Effect....
- MTV Enters Repurposing 'Fastlane' Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;9/30/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 39, p79
Reports on the plan of the Music Television to enter in the repurposing arena from debut episodes of Fastlane. Number of on-air marketing requirements; Monetary value of MTV's Fastlane agreement; Support from the president of Warner Bros. Domestic Cable Distribution.
- TV LISTINGS. // Music Week;1/8/2005, Issue 1, p14
Lists music television programs in Great Britain compiled as of January 8, 2005.
- TV Airplay Chart. // Music Week;3/9/2005, Issue 10, p25
Presents a chart depicting the ranking of music videos performed by various artists in Great Britain as of March 9, 2005.
- Musictelevisionaries. Diaz, Ann-Christine // CREATIVITY;Feb2005, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p10
The article presents information on relaunching of MTV2. The sister channel to MTV was launched as an answer to the diminished music video content of the founding channel, but in its eight years running it's failed to successfully conjure the same kind of thrills upon which the mothership built...
- A Content Analysis of Music Videos. Baxter, Richard L.; De Riemer, Cynthia; Landini, Ann; Leslie, Larry; Singletary, Michael W. // Journal of Broadcasting & Electronic Media;Summer85, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p333
The music video, as shown on Music Television (MTV), is a contemporary hybrid of rock music and film imagery. This study analyzed a sample of 62 MTV music videos in 23 content categories. Of the content categories studied, frequent occurrences were found in visual abstraction, sex, dance,...
- TV on the stage. GAGNON, MILAN // Prague Post;10/10/2012 supplement, pND7
The article discusses the Golden Prague International Television Festivals of best music and dance in Å½of Ãn Palace in Czech Republic to appear on large and small television screens.
- Leading producer launches TV show. // Music Week;9/30/2006, Issue 39, p5
The article reports on the launch of a downloadable music television program lead by the producer Nigel Godrich in Great Britain. The program has been put together by Godrich, Radiohead video commissioner Dilly Gent and producer James Chads with a cost of 50,000 an episode. From the television...
- THE INSIDER. // Music Week;11/4/2006, Issue 44, p22
The article focuses on the primetime television programming of the United Kingdom musical network VH1 heading into the winter of 2006-07. According to the network, the new programming will be more lifestyle and music oriented as they target the 25-plus demographic. The programming will feature...