Networks Make Playoff Push
- ESPN goes to the X-treme for a global presence. Darby, Ian // Campaign;8/24/2007, Issue 34, p17
This article reports on growth opportunities offered by X Games, the live event created by the sports broadcaster ESPN, to ESPN to become a global media player. It is stated that X Games have evolved into a top-class sporting event in its own right, attracting the leading participants in each...
- Dispelling the myths of pay-per-view television. Pearce, Chris // Marketing Week;8/31/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 31, p12
Asserts that pay-per-view offers value and choice for British television watchers. Tabloids' reaction that England's World Cup qualifier against Finland will air on pay-per-view; Confusion over the definition of pay TV; Football fans' appreciation of the choices offered by newer forms of TV.
- Sports channel targets women. Ingrassia, Joanne // Ad Age Global;Apr2001, Vol. 1 Issue 8, p12
Deals with the plan of The Sports Network (STN), a television network to launch WTSN sports channel aimed at women viewers in Canada. Audience share of STN; Features of its sports coverage on women.
- Changes Ahead for ESPN. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;9/3/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 35, p6
The article reports on the planned changes of ESPN to better serve its viewers. The television network will make a distribution deal for its ESPN360 product. It expresses its interest on documentaries over scripted fare development. Its new calling card will include a host of live college...
- Loss of TV sports leads to more male concern. Potts, Tricia // East Bernard Express (TX);10/28/2010, Vol. 67 Issue 43, p5
The article discusses the concern of male viewers, including the author's husband, on the anticipated removal of Fox sports channels in the service offerings of satellite provider Dish Network due to Dish-Fox conflict.
- ITV's finances lifted by England's Rugby World Cup matches. Lee, Jeremy // Campaign;10/17/2003, Issue 42, p3
Optimism for an England victory in the Rugby World Cup Final is contributing to an increase in late money coming into the TV market. ITV, which is showing exclusive coverage of the tournament on ITV1, ITV2 and the ITV News Channel, has seen its revenue propped up by the event, which attracts...
- For Multicultural Viewers, It's a Multiplatform 'Mundo'. Baysinger, Tim // Broadcasting & Cable;4/28/2014, Vol. 144 Issue 16, p16
The article focuses on the shift to multiplatform content among broadcasting networks in response to the growing population of multicultural viewers. It mentions the launch of the over-the-top network by Spanish-language broadcaster Univision, the plan of sports broadcaster ESPN to make the 2014...
- Major sports scoring well for b'casters. Levin, Gary // Variety;11/27/95, Vol. 361 Issue 4, p23
Informs about the increase in the ratings of the viewership of sports on the television networks. Continued growth in profits of the sports channels over the years; Results from a television sports survey conducted by the BJK&E Media Group; Related statistics.
- Bowled over by sporting choice. Harding, Danny // Morning Advertiser;1/13/2011, Issue 523, p60
The article reports that the sports fans attention on the 2011 sporting programmes on television has been divided by choices such as cricket, football and tennis.