Satellite-Ad Spat to Court
- DirecTV Adds Additional Mexican Programming. // Satellite Today;10/19/2005, Vol. 4 Issue 203, pN.PAG
This article reports on the Sur Mexico television channel launched by DirecTV, a provider of direct-to-home satellite television services, in association with Sur Corp., as of October 2005. The channel offers regional network programming from Mexico. Sur Mexico, launching later this fall, will...
- Local stations say `no' to DirecTV. Guadalupe-Fajardo, Evelyn // Caribbean Business;6/24/1999, Vol. 27 Issue 24, p41
Reports that DirecTV will have to work hard to persuade three major television stations in Puerto Rico to pay for its satellite broadcasting service. Amount of money the three stations must pay to DirecTV; Positions of WAPA-TV, WLII-TV and WKAQ-TV on the issue; Various alternatives in offering...
- More Dolby from DIRECTV. // TVB Europe;Jul2002, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p38
Reports on the plan of U.S.-based satellite television service provider, DIRECTV, to offer more of its channels in Dolby Digital 5.1. Total number of movie channels and a special events channel to be shown by the company; Premium channels being offered by DIRECTV in Dolby Digital.
- DirecTV Buys Into TV One. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;1/10/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p12
Reports on the direct-broadcast satellite carriage deal of DirecTV and TV One as of January 10, 2005. Subscriber count of TV One; TV affiliates of TV One; Competition of TV One with Black Entertainment Television; Financial interest taken by DirectTV in TV One.
- Remote CONTROL. Mayberry, Carly // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;6/22/2004, Vol. 384 Issue 22, pS-6
The hundreds of monitors inside Broadcast Operations Control are only part of DirecTV's state-of-the-art Los Angeles Broadcasting Center (LABC), which is responsible for meeting the satellite television needs of customers nationwide. Its Marina del Rey location was selected because of its...
- DirecTV To Offer International Soccer Package. // Satellite Today;3/27/2006, Vol. 5 Issue 56, p5
The article says that DirecTV company has prepared a package of channels for fans of Italian soccer. The satellite operator has announces that the package includes GoITV, FoxSoccer Channel and SKY TG24 and costs $19.99 per month in addition to the basic subscription. DirecTV International vice...
- Driving DirecTV Forward. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;6/28/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 26, p46
Features direct broadcast satellite (DBS) operator DirectTV Inc. Number of subscribers; Hurdles faced in expanding subscriber base to the company's DBS service; Stand of the company towards digital video recorders; Issues facing the company; Decision of the court on the temporary restraining...
- Credit Policy Helps Drive Satellite Gains. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;11/13/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 45, p33
The article reports that more strict credit policies have helped increase the subscribers of satellite TV providers EchoStar Communications and DirecTV Group in the U.S. Both EchoStar's Dish Network and DirecTV reported stronger-than-expected new subscriber additions. Dish Network added 295,000...
- Honchos prep DirecTV game plan for Rupe. Amdur, Meredith // Daily Variety;1/7/2004, Vol. 282 Issue 6, p2
Focuses on plans outlined by News Corp. executives for its satellite television company DirecTV. Plans for cutting the operating and subscriber acquisition costs; Proposed improvement in call centers.