Fitch IBCA adapts ratings to merger
- Fitch/Duff merger inspires greater competition. O'Leary, Christopher // Investment Dealers' Digest;03/13/2000, Vol. 66 Issue 11, p4
Reports on the impact of the planned acquisition of fourth-largest rating agency Duff & Phelps Credit Rating Co. by third-largest Fitch IBCA on top rivals Moody's Investors Service and Standard & Poor's Ratings Group. Fitch's presence in the asset-backed securities ratings; Number of analysts...
- Fitch eyes brand-new opportunity for ratings: assisted-living facilities. Ward, Andrew // Bond Buyer;11/02/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30760, p25
Reports on guidelines issued by Fitch IBCA Inc. for rating organizations that run assisted-living facilities. Appeal of the untapped market to Fitch; Narrow range of services offered by assisted-living facilities compared to continuing-care retirement communities; Reminder to the market on the...
- Fitch Affirms FGIC's AAA. Sherman, Lynn // Bond Buyer;04/04/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30863, p6
Announces Fitch IBCA Inc.'s affirmation of the AAA claims-paying ability rating of monoline financial guarantor Financial Guaranty Insurance Co.
- Little change likely after rating firms' merger. Jaklevic, Mary Chris // Modern Healthcare;03/27/2000, Vol. 30 Issue 13, p88
Announces the planned merger of Fitch/IBCA and Duff & Phelps Credit Rating Co., both of which are credit rating agencies for the non-profit healthcare sector. Overview of the terms of the deal; Potential of the merged entity; Background information on both companies.
- TEP gets bond rating boost. // Inside Tucson Business;06/19/2000, Vol. 10 Issue 13, p17
Informs on a combined and improved rating for Tucson Electric Power Co.'s bond after the merger of United States bond rating agencies, Fitch IBCA and Duff and Phelps Credit Rating Co.
- Major chest pains. // Business News New Jersey;01/19/98, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p3
Reports that Fitch IBCA, an international bond rating organization, downgraded $32.4 million of the revenue of Deborah Heart and Lung Center. Reason for the downgrading of the revenue of the center; Listing of some of the problems facing the center; Details on the financial status of the...
- Fitch Upgrades Laredo, Tex., GOs. // Bond Buyer;03/27/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30857, p2
Reports that Fitch IBCA Inc. has upgraded the general obligation debt from Laredo, Texas.
- Upstart jumps muni-bond wall. Hinz, Greg; Strahler, Steven R. // Crain's Chicago Business;04/13/98, Vol. 21 Issue 15, p3
Reports on Fitch IBCA Incorporated with headquarters in New York and London, England. Reference to the hiring of Fitch to rate the debt for investment safety at the Chicago Park District; Details on Fitch's competitors; Information on Fitch.
- Moody's analyst joins Fitch in Southwest. Kuiper, Mark T. // Bond Buyer;01/13/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30309, p31
Focuses on Fitch IBCA's appointment of Mark Campa as a senior director of public finance for the company's Southwest regional office.