'BUFF' and Tough
- The B-52 Stratofortress. // Advanced Materials & Processes;Jun2003, Vol. 161 Issue 6, p65
Features the B-52 Stratofortress aircrafts. Capabilities; History of the B-52s; Worldwide navigation capability.
- More Bombs on Target. // Citizen Airman: The Official Magazine of the Air National Guard ;Jun2003, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p16
Focuses on the improvement of the B-52 precision-strike capability of the U.S. Air Force. Deployment of bombs during the Iraq war; Identification of the asset in the close air support mission; Elimination of collateral damage and fratricide. INSET: B-52 uses pod in combat.
- Frigid Fail-Safe. // Time;2/2/1968, Vol. 91 Issue 5, p30
The article reports on the aircraft accident wherein a nuclear-armed B-52 bomber caught fire and headed towards the U.S. Air Force Base in Thule, Greenland for and emergency landing. It mentions that all of the seven crewmen parachuted during the emergency landing wherein all have survived...
- AIRLINES. Fedden, Roy; Moore, Robert; Parker, Tom // Air Classics;Apr2013, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p52
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including "Down Memory's Runway," in the January 2013 issue, and "Last Tail Gunners," in the March 2013.
- The Air Force's Next Bomber. Freedberg Jr., Sydney J. // National Journal;8/11/2007, Vol. 39 Issue 32, p43
This article focuses on the public pronouncement by the U.S. Air Force that it is committed to flying a new bomber by 2018. It reveals that the Air Force will forgo "hypersonic" technology for a more conventional but stealthy bomber. The Air Force would bank on precision-guided bombs that will...
- Adventure in a Storm. Boyne, Walter J. // Aviation History;May2005, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p26
The article focuses on the flying experiences of the article author in Boeing B-47 and B-52. The article author think a fair comparison would be to say that if the B-47 is a sports car, the B-52 is an SUV. As big as the B-52 is, however, it is still a pawn to thunderstorms. When he was beginning...
- Scale Talk. Dale, Jeff; Fuhriman, Eric; Dube, Kevin // FineScale Modeler;Feb2008, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p8
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues of "FineScale Modeler," including an article on a military vehicle in the October 2007 issue, the editorial by Phillip Gore in the December 2007 issue and the article on B-25 aircraft in the December 2007 issue.
- USAF Moving Ahead With EB-52. Sherman, Kenneth B. // Journal of Electronic Defense;Sep2004, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p16
Reports that the United States Air Force is modifying some of its B-52 bombers to serve as standoff-jamming aircraft. Development of a long-range radar-jamming/radar-spoofing under-wing electronics pod; Jamming support capability of EB-52; Integration of airborne electronic attack transmitters...
- DAWG Bites. Fulghum, David A. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;11/6/2006, Vol. 165 Issue 18, p79
The article focuses on the Airborne Electronic Attack plans of the U.S. Air Force which was discussed during a conclave of the Defense Acquisition Working Group. The Air Force proposed the Common Core Jammer program for installation on a number of B-52s. If the Air Force can not devise an...