Bok, bok, b'gok!
- Using a TOWS Matrix in the Achievability-Effectiveness Analysis for Scooter Commuters Interchange to Public Transportation in Kaohsiung. Yu Hern Chang; Wu, Kitty // Transportation Journal (American Society of Transportation & Log;Summer2010, Vol. 49 Issue 3, p39
The article focuses on the use of the threats, opportunities, weaknesses, and strengths (TOWS) in analyzing the feasibility of the local transportation matrix in Kaohsiung, Taiwan. The TOWS matrix intends to solve the problem on the increase use of scooters which has affected the revenue of the...
- Safe Scootin'. Jones, Marcus // Heart & Soul;Apr2001, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p29
Presents safety tips for those who ride scooters.
- EDITORIAL. Chapman, Robyn // Independent Living;Summer2011, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p4
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including the rising injury and death rates in the aging population, the safety of scooter and scooters, and the need for many older people to use the powered mobility scooter to promote their...
- safer, scooting. // Scholastic Parent & Child;May/Jun2015, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p31
This article discusses a study published in the journal "Clinical Pediatrics" about scooter mishaps in the U.S., the comment of study co-author Gary Smith on the importance of helmet in scooting, and tips for a safer scooting, including riding scooters on flat surfaces and strapping on elbow pads.
- family matters. // Good Housekeeping;Sep2000, Vol. 231 Issue 3, p81
Presents facts and products related to family health. Preventive methods against pinworm infection; Safety gear for scooters; Risks for teenagers chauffeuring others.
- TAKE RESPONSIBILITY. Vaughan, Mike // Dealernews;Aug2008, Vol. 44 Issue 8, p96
The article discusses scooter safety for new riders. The author relates that unlike riding motorcycle, scooters are less dangerous than motorcycles. As more people switch from driving cars to riding scooters, it is inevitable that the accident and fatality rates are going to increase for...
- Rolling Into Trouble. // Scholastic News -- Edition 4;2/22/2016, Vol. 78 Issue 15, p3
The article reports banning of hoverboards in different parts of the U.S. due to safety issues associated with it such as fire as per the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) and mentions CPSC's advisory to hoverboards owners to be careful when recharging them.
- On a Roll. // Scholastic News -- Edition 3;10/09/2000, Vol. 57 Issue 5, p3
Suggests safety measures when traveling by scooter.
- Bikes & ride-ons. // Australia's Parents;Apr/May97 Supplement Buying for Bab, Issue 98, p20
Presents a guide to bikes and ride-ons for children available in Australia. Companies making trikes and bikes, helmets and accessories; Safety tips.