What's the Drill?
- Environmentalists Play Slick With Statistics About ANWR Oil Reserves. Copulos, Milton R. // Insight on the News;06/11/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 22, p45
Refutes the claims of environmentalists about the consequences of oil development at the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge in Alaska. Criticism on the use of statistical evidence by environmentalists; Details on the effects of oil development at the ANWR; Arguments against the claims of...
- SUVs score, Arctic loses. Lavelle, Marianne // U.S. News & World Report;8/13/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 6, p38
Asserts that a vote in the House of Representatives to allow development of 2,000 acres of the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge is a victory for the administration of United States President George W. Bush. Arguments of pro-drilling lobbyists about temporary ice roads and horizontal drilling;...
- Point: The Case for Oil Exploration in ANWR. Clouthier, Kris // Points of View: Arctic Drilling;2013, p5
This article presents an argument in favor of oil exploration in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge (ANWR). In the 1980s, when the United States Congress designated the ANWR, it set aside a small coastal section to study its oil potential. Based on studies by the U.S. Geological Survey, it is...
- Debate. // Scholastic News -- Edition 4;04/16/2001, Vol. 63 Issue 23, p7
Presents a debate on whether Congress should vote for allowing companies to drill oil at the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge in Alaska.
- Nation split sharply on drilling in Arctic. Dillin, John; Savides, Steven // Christian Science Monitor;2/27/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 64, p3
Looks at results of a survey to determine whether Americans supported oil production in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge in Alaska.
- Push to Drill in Alaska Growing. Daerr, Elizabeth G. // National Parks;May/Jun2001, Vol. 75 Issue 5/6, p11
Discusses the plan to open the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge in Alaska for oil and gas exploration. Oil demand in the United States; Information on the National Energy Security Act of 2001; Estimated amount of technically recoverable oil within the refuge; Concerns expressed by environmental...
- Caribou culture clashes with oil age. Rosen, Yereth // Christian Science Monitor;11/24/95, Vol. 87 Issue 252, p4
Reports the controversy on the proposed drilling of Arctic National Wildlife Refuge, Alaska, for oil. Battle of Alaska's Gwich'in Indians against the refuge; Opinion of Sen. Frank Murkowski of Alaska on oil development; Conflict with Republicans in Washington over the issue; Details on the matter.
- LOOKING FOR OIL. Miller, Amy // Junior Scholastic;04/09/2001, Vol. 103 Issue 16, p10
No abstract available.
- Green Opposition to Opening ANWR Simply Unfounded. Carlisle, John // Human Events;02/05/2001, Vol. 57 Issue 5, p9
Cites the opposition of environmentalists in the United States to the proposed opening of Alaska's Arctic National Wildlife Refuge to oil exploration. Environmental policies which affected energy consumers; Effect of the lack of refinery capacity; Concerns aired by environmentalists.