Saudi-US ties are crucial to peace
- The Future of People-to-People. Perlman, Lee; Nasser-Najjab, Nadia // Palestine-Israel Journal of Politics, Economics & Culture;2005, Vol. 12/13 Issue 4/1, p5
The article looks into the People-to-People approach in the efforts to achieve peace between Israelis and Palestinians. The author pointed out that the major obstacle in achieving the peace process at the very initial stage was lack of trust. Significantly, joint efforts face severe physical...
- What Do People Mean When They Say 'People-to-People'? Origins, Definitions, Goals and Methods. Herzog, Shira; Hai, Avivit // Palestine-Israel Journal of Politics, Economics & Culture;2005, Vol. 12/13 Issue 4/1, p8
The article looks into the origins, definitions, goals, and methods of the people-to-people approach in the Middle East peace process. The author pointed out that several models have been developed for the resolution of protracted conflicts. Significantly, such conflicts cannot be resolved by...
- Wye and the road to war. Feith, Douglas J. // Commentary;Jan1999, Vol. 107 Issue 1, p43
Comments on the agreement between Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Yasir Arafat, chairman of the Palestinian Authority (PA), at Maryland's Wye Plantation. Essence of the Wye River Memorandum; Criticisms about the provisions of the Wye Memorandum; Impediments to the enforcement of...
- The prize in the Mideast. // Christian Science Monitor;8/17/95, Vol. 87 Issue 184, p20
Discusses about the bright scenario in terms of trade and commerce in Middle East likely to emerge after the successful settlement of Palestine-Israel conflict. Opinion of Stanly Fischer,official of International Monetary Fund.
- Wingtip to wingtip in the Middle East. // Christian Science Monitor;12/13/2000, Vol. 93 Issue 14, p19
Presents a spiritual perspective to the peace process in the Middle East involving Israelis and Palestinians.
- Israel-Jordan pact draws inspiration from tourism. Lisella, Maria // Travel Agent;8/1/94, Vol. 272 Issue 2, p1
Reports on the impact of the Washington Declaration peace pact on travel and tourism in the Middle East. Role of tourism in making the Israel-Jordan pact a reality; Tourism-related issues cited in the Washington Declaration; High expectations of United States travel agents; Increase in the...
- Don't Give Up on Peace. // Christian Science Monitor;8/14/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 182, p10
Reflects on events in the Middle East and suggests that there is still the possibility of peace between people in Israel and the Palestinian territories.
- A plan for Mideast peace. Cobban, Helena // Christian Science Monitor;9/21/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 209, p11
Comments on the leadership of the United States in the peace process between Arabs and Israelis in the Middle East.
- For More and More Jews, Both in Israel And the U.S., the
Zionist Dream Is Dying. Brownfeld, Allan C. // Washington Report on Middle East Affairs;Dec2003, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p60
Any hope for peace between Israel and the Palestinians in the near future is receding. In October 2003, Israel not only approved construction of its fence in several areas deep into the West Bank, but the Sharon government also announced its intention to build about 600 new homes in three large...