Seeking Local Olympic Green
- Olympics to Impact NBC Affils' Newscasts. Murphy, Jeremy // MediaWeek;12/17/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 47, p9
Reports on the expectations of NBC Entertainment from its coverage of the Winter Olympics in February 2002 in the U.S. Concern of NBC on the delays in their late newscast due to Olympic programming; Views of the television executives on the effect of the Olympic programming; Apprehensions on...
- It's Old, It's Cold and It's Gold. // Broadcasting & Cable;2/3/2014, Vol. 144 Issue 5, p40
The article focuses on the greatest (TV) moments involving the Winter Olympics. Topics discussed include holding of the first Winter Olympics in France in 1924, first broadcasting of an Olympics to the U.S. when CBS covered the 1960 Winter Games held in California, and coverage of the 2014...
- TV and Web Coverage. Crupi, Anthony; Shields, Mike // MediaWeek;1/18/2010, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p21
The article discusses the plans of several media companies for coverage of the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver, British Columbia. NBC Universal will broadcast 835 hours spread across several networks including NBC, MSNBC, and CNBC. Yahoo Sports will maintain a Web site devoted to Olympics news...
- The Olympics. // People;3/6/2006, Vol. 65 Issue 9, p44
The article presents a review of the 2006 Winter Olympics from Turin, Italy.
- 24/7 Olympics, Ready or Not. Tolme, Paul // Ski;Jan2014, Vol. 78 Issue 5, p20
The article presents information on the Olympic Winter Games that will begin in Sochi, Russia, on February 2014, for which television broadcasting company NBC Universal Inc. has paid 4.38 billion dollars for the broadcast rights, and NBC will live-stream all events online.
- Olympics Bill of Particulars. Greppi, Michele; Sherman, Jay // Television Week;7/7/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 27, p6
Offers information on the terms of a broadcast deal signed by NBC for the 2010 Winter and 2012 Summer Olympic Games. Estimated amount paid by NBC for the U.S. rights to the Olympic games; Sponsors of the Olympic Games; Other Olympic game deals of NBC; Benefits of the broadcast deal for NBC;...
- GAMES KEEP PEACOCK WARM. Kissell, Rick // Daily Variety;2/23/2006, Vol. 290 Issue 39, p12
The article reports that the steady ratings of the 2006 Winter Olympics has helped NBC Universal Inc. to lord over primetime among young adults. Each of the company's seven night of covering the Olympic games has ranked among the top 15 shows. Furthermore, the highest rating for the company came...
- FROM SOCHI TO STAMFORD. G. W. // Broadcasting & Cable;1/20/2014, Vol. 144 Issue 3, p22
The article reports that NBCUniversal's new Stamford, Connecticut facility will be play a major role in its coverage of the 2014 Winter Games, which includes allowing the production team based in Sochi, Russia to produce in Stamford.
- NBC OFFERING FREE TV EVERYWHERE ACCESS TO SOCHI OLYMPICS COVERAGE. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;2/10/2014, p19
The article informs that mass media company NBC Universal Inc. is offering viewers free television (TV) Everywhere access to the Sochi Winter Olympics to be held in Russia in February 2014 and whose events will be streamed live on the website NBCOlympics.com and the NBCSports Live Extra app.