Carey: Retrans Windfall Coming
- News Corp.'s Carey moves on. McClellan, Steve // Broadcasting & Cable;1/28/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 4, p7
Reports the resignation of Chief Operating Officer Chase Carey from News Corp. Contributions of Carey at News Corp.; Acquisition of DirecTV by News Corp.; Job responsibilities of Carey.
- Hulu: From Free to Fee? // Broadcasting & Cable;6/28/2010, Vol. 140 Issue 26, p4
The article reports that the video site "Hulu" was looking to test a pay service on broadcasting, according to News Corp.'s Chase Carey at B&C/MCN's 2009 OnScreen Media Summit.
- Chernin, Carey get new News Corp. posts. McClellan, Steve // Broadcasting & Cable;11/04/96, Vol. 126 Issue 46, p33
Announces the appointment of Peter Chernin as president and chief operating officer of News Corp. and Chase Carey as co-chief operating officer of the company. Career backgrounds; Rupert Murdoch as chairman of News Corp.; Consolidation of the North American operations of News Corp. under the...
- News Corp. Creates Fox Group. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;12/10/2012, Vol. 34 Issue 49, p4
The article announces the decision of News Corp. on December 3, 2012 to formally rename its media and entertainment division Fox Group which will be headed by News Corp. president and chief operating officer (COO) Chase Carey.
- Chase Carey To Keynote OnScreen Summit. // Broadcasting & Cable;9/7/2009, Vol. 139 Issue 33, p4
The article focuses on News Corp.'s deputy chairman and chief operating officer (COO) Chase Carey and his role as a keynote speaker for the 2009 Onscreen Media Summit in New York City. It states that Carey supervises diversified global operations including production and distribution of film and...
- News Corp. President Chase Carey Embraces SVOD - With a Hulu Twist. GRUENWEDEL, ERIK // Home Media Magazine;12/12/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 50, p8
The article focuses on the plan of News Corp. to enter the subscription video-on-demand (SVOD) market, discussed by president and chief operating officer (COO) Chase Carey at the UBS Global Media and Communications conference in New York City on December 7, 2011. He explained the reason behind...
- REVAMP & RED INK. // Daily Variety;8/9/2012, Vol. 316 Issue 28, p1
The article reports that James Murdoch, the corporate captain of News Corp. has back into focus for the company, mentioning that Murdoch helped Chase Carey, the chief operating officer of the company to see the quarterly earnings of News Corp.
- Cablevision out-Foxed. Littleton, Cynthia // Daily Variety;11/1/2010, Vol. 309 Issue 21, p1
The article reports that Fox Broadcasting Co. summoned all its market power to dominate in contentious retransmission consent battle amid intense public scrutiny in the U.S. The company's staredown of Cablevision Systems Corp. has solidified the going rate for carriage fees from subscription...
- Cash infusion gives DirecTV lots of options. Szalai, Georg // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;5/25/2004, Vol. 384 Issue 2, p4
"News Corp.-controlled satellite TV giant DirecTV Group has started to mull possible uses for cash that it is set to receive from the pending sales of noncore assets, including possible dividend payments and stock buyback programs," said president and CEO Chase Carey. Asked about the issue in a...