Black History Comes Alive On Demand
- New Networks Face The VOD Taste Test. // Cable World (10427228);6/30/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 26, p32
Reports on networks launched by Comcast and Cablevision via video-on-demand (VOD). Details of the networks of the company; Networks that have VOD launch deals; Views on the networks.
- COMCAST BOWS ON-DEMAND FILMS FOR BLACK HISTORY MONTH. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;2/8/2010, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p12
The article announces an offering by Comcast Corp. of several films in celebration of Black History Month.
- Cox Expands VOD Ad-Data Metrics From FreeZone. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;4/18/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 16, p24
Reports on the expansion of the FreeZone video-on-demand (VOD) platform of on Cox Communications Inc. as of April 2005. Information data featured in the VOD service; Features of the reports submitted by Comcast Corp. and Cablevision Systems Corp. to advertisers; Estimated number of digital...
- Cablevision, Comcast ramp up VOD platforms. // CED;Mar2008, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p6
The article reports that Cablevision and Comcast are both offering films through their video-on-demand (VOD) services in the U.S. In order to use the service, Cablevision's New York metropolitan customers should purchase the actual Digital Versatile Disc (DVD), which is shipped directly to the...
- TALKBACK. Lancaster, Paul; Mullins, Anne // Multichannel News;1/11/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p20
The article presents the readers viewpoint on the comments made by Brian Roberts, chief executive officer (CEO) of Comcast Corp., and James Dolan, CEO of Cablevision Systems Corp.
- More Cloud Power Comes to the DVR. BAUMGARTNER, JEFF // Multichannel News;2/10/2014, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p24
The article reports that Comcast, the largest mass media and communications company, is following cable television company Cablevision into the cloud computing, making its first network digital video recorder in Boston, Massachusetts.
- Dynamic VOD Ads Advance. Hardesty, Linda // Communications Technology;May2010, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p4
The article reports on the expansion of dynamic video-on-demand (VOD) as a result of the trials made by Comcast Corp. and BlackArrow. It also states the launch of a 30 million dollar marketing campaign entitled "The Video Store Just Moved in" brought together by Comcast and seven other operators...
- TECH Briefs. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;12/13/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 50, p16
Presents news briefs on the television broadcasting industry in the U.S. as of December 13, 2004. Negotiation initiated by Comcast with television networks regarding the use of video-on-demand platform developed by Comcast in promoting television programs; Launch of a digital video recorder...
- Mag Rack Targets Micro Niche. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;1/28/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p29
Reports the launch of Mag Rack, a video-on-demand (VOD) service from Cablevision Systems Corp. Features of the service; Significance of the service in enhancing digital services; Cost.