A New Rx for FX
- PRODUCTION CHARTS. // Back Stage West;3/9/2006, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p31
A list of current casting assignments in the U.S. as of March 2006 is presented. These include feature films like The Beautiful Ordinary, Blades of Glory, Evan Almighty, Jumpers, Sex and Death 101, and Underdog. Casting for pilot television programs like 13 Graves, American Crime, The Class,...
- BORED OZ AUDS TURN OFF HOLLYWOOD PICS. Groves, Don // Variety;8/3/2003, Vol. 391 Issue 10, p26
Focuses on the warning issued by David Mott, general manager of network programming at Ten web, concerning the license fees paid by Australian terrestrial broadcasters for U.S. theatrical films. Need to lower the license fees; Influence of digital video disc and pay television on terrestrial...
- Broadband:. // CableFAX Daily;8/15/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 157, p1
The article presents updates on broadband communications in the U.S. News Corp. has announced the availability for purchase of all FOX TV shows and films at its Web property myspace.com. HBO has released its original documentary "Too Hot to Handle," as a free podcast on itunes.com and...
- PRODUCTION CHARTS. // Back Stage West;315/2007, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p30
The article presents information on several television and film productions in the U.S. "American Son" is a feature film that revolves around a young man who is about to be shipped out to Iraq. "Action News" is a half-hour multicamera comedy for Fox television network that stars Kelsey Grammer...
- PRODUCTION CHART. // Back Stage East;8/30/2007, Vol. 48 Issue 35, p16
The article presents information on the casting details of several motion pictures and television programs in the U.S. entertainment industry. The feature film "College Road Trip" is a comedy directed by Roger Kumble, shooting between July 9-September 11, 2007. The feature film "Death in Love"...
- PRODUCTION CHARTS. // Back Stage West;4/27/2006, Vol. 13 Issue 17, p33
The article presents information on feature films, television and theater productions in the U.S. The information listed does not represent casting notices but instead reflect the best general information available about casting assignments. Productions include the films Balls of Fury, Daddy's...
- Tune in, turn on, cop out? Brodie, John; Greene, Jay // Variety;6/6/94, Vol. 355 Issue 6, p1
Reports on Hollywood studios' development of television programs into movie features. Veteran film producers' discovery of why certain TV-themed movie clicks and other TV-based pictures do not; Other TV programs being developed as movie features.
- ...as Euros are discovering. Dawtrey, Adam; Williams, Michael // Variety;6/6/94, Vol. 355 Issue 6, p1
Reports on European filmmakers' conversion of television programs into movie features. Cultural apartheid separating film and TV; Copying of the American example in the United Kingdom; Differences between American and British styles in converting TV programs into movies.
- Even chimps may get celluloid chance. Young, Paul F. // Variety;6/6/94, Vol. 355 Issue 6, p58
Reports on film producers' interest in turning old television programs into movie features. Movie producers' consideration of the TV series `The Lancelot Link, Secret Chimp Hour'; Other TV programs being considered.